Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mubashir Mahmood has the following 3 specialties
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mubashir Mahmood has the following 21 expertise
- Growth Disorders
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Cushing Disease
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
Dr. Mubashir Mahmood has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mubashir Mahmood is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
Never had to wait so long to be seen. His staff are like robots regarding personalities! His knowledge, not to mention bedside manner, that facility probably would go bankrupt! any profits they probably gain. probably Due to the other doctors have to pick up his slack! 1 visit with him, I consider that as a big loss! I'm never going back!
I would not recommend him as a doctor. I'm currently changing doctor's as we speak.. He does not take anything in to consideration, he does what he thinks is best..witch most of the time he's wrong in my eyes. For Example: I take Invokana of a morning and 20 units of 75/25 insulin at night. That is what I give myself bc my a1c is 7.0 and it's fine in my eyes and he's but the thing is, he has me on 25 units 3 times a day along with the Invokana witch helps me pee out the extra sugar in my body. If I was to take this dosage of insulin/medications I would be laying on the floor dead.. Nevertheless, the whole meaning to this is I myself would NOT recommend him as a doctor!
27 Years Experience
Punjab Medical College
Graduated in 1991
University Of Missouri Health System
Dr. Mubashir Mahmood accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Knoxville PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsTennessee Cancer Specialists, 420 W Morris Blvd Ste 410, Morristown, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mubashir Mahmood in this video.
Dr. Mubashir Mahmood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Morristown, TN.