Dr. Mudit Sharma Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Mudit Sharma?

He is a Great Surgeon

I had an XLIF Operation that included replacing two disks, and inserting stabalizer bars between the disks. I had the operation on Wednesday and came home from the hospital on Friday. At that point in time I could walk down the hall of the Hospital and up and down a flight of stairs with no pain. I quit taking the pain pills two days after leaving the hospital, except at night when I took a half a pill each night for a week., It has been two months since operation and today I was able to hit a large bucket of golf balls with all my various clubs. Yes I am a little sore, but no pain. Thank You Dr. Sharma

Budget / Financial Analyst

Dr. Sharma and staff were professional and courteous. Dr. Sharma spent the time to listen and understand my medical issue (herniated disc) and recommend a treatment plan. He recommended the least intrusive (i.e., physical therapy and pain management) first; when that wasn't successful, he recommended the surgery that best suited my situation. I am now pain-free and function normally once again --- walk, yoga, pilates, swim, etc. I highly recommend Dr. Sharma to friends and acquaintances.

Beware!!

I've had surgery performed twice with Dr. Sharma. After my pain returned. he basically refused to see me. Sent me to another doctor knowing all along this doc would not help me. After another call to him, he sent me for an Xray, and never even had the decency to let me know the results. He doesn't listen to you, he is already heading for the door as soon as he steps into the room. Do not even visit you after surgery. Told me I would be my old self after surgery and I am nowhere near it. Lost a lot of mobility that he said would not happen. Steer clear of him!!

Doctor's Response

We are sorry that you feel this way and that you are still suffering. We tried our best to help you, but it seems this was not good enough. Without knowing more details of your case and care, I am unable to effectively address your concerns. It is sometimes impossible to cure chronic pain, and we do everything we can to try to reverse it with minimally invasive solutions. If this does not work, we try to give our patients the best alternatives to relieve their pain. I invite you to discuss your care with me once again, so I may determine how I can further help you. Your experience is so unlike the thousands of our extremely satisfied patients, that I really would like to hear more about it and see how we can help.

New Patient Seeking A Neurosurgeon

My husband was given a referral from our family physician to seek a neurosurgeon for his medical condition. After extensive research through our insurance provider listing, Dr. Sharma seemed to be the best choice. Unfortunately, we did not get the opportunity to meet the doctor. We left a message for a call back yesterday. No one returned our call. We called again this morning. After a brief conversation with his scheduler, her curt and unprofessional manner convinced us to choose another neurosurgeon. Dr. Sharma could be an excellent doctor, however he should reassess the demeanor of the staff person who is representing him via the telephone. He just lost a potential patient today.

Doctor's Response

I am sorry that we never had a chance to meet, and you chose to seek care elsewhere without making your feelings known and allowing us to address the issues you claim. We have a very patient friendly office with everyone committed to helping our patients in their difficult time of suffering. The experience you describe is so unlike any feedback I have received from thousands of patients. I would truly welcome an opportunity to speak with you directly to show you how proud we are of the excellent spinal care our patients receive.

Lacks people skills

The wait time was perfectly fine and normal (roughly half an hour). The staff was VERY courteous. I saw nothing negative on how they treated their patients (even when a patient was rude). The doctor asked several questions. Did some movement tests and questions about pain for verification. Gave his diagnose of the issue (both present and future) and recommendations. Did not rush into wanting to perform surgery. All major pluses. However, he has some areas to focus on for improvement. He seemed very rushed (only had a couple of people waiting when I got out so being backed up with patients was not the problem). It felt like because I didn't end up needing surgery at this immediate time, that he wanted to move onto someone else who did. Or perhaps he just feels uncomfortable in front of people. I'm unsure. He was about to rush out of the room before I could even ask him one question before I stopped him. When I did get him to listen to my question, he explained it very well. And then proceeded to leave the room before asking if I had any additional questions (which I did). If you have a habit of asking a lot of questions, you may find yourself cut short. And since I've seen this doctor has visited this site and responded, allow me to address a potential answer he might give. If his suggestion is to leave any additional questions with his staff, I would suggest that this typically isn't the best idea. If the doctor gets back to you at the end of the day, you are no longer fresh in his mind and may forget to address those questions anyway. Why not just spend a few more minutes (not asking for half an hour backing up the number of patients you have) to make sure the patient has any pressing questions answered before rushing out of the room? This ensures they are more informed and perhaps might even assist their health moving forward.

Did we no one else could do!!!

After 15 years of living in pain he fixed my neck and 1 hour after surgery I was pain free for the 1st time in 15 yrs. It has been 2 months since surgery and still no pain and no problems! Great docto r

Not happy....

What a waste of my money and time.. terrible doctor.

Doctor's Response

We are sorry to hear you did not have a good experience with us. We welcome all patients to address their dissatisfaction directly with us so we can provide some constructive advice and help.

does not spend time with patient