Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Muhammad A Alam MD
Dr. Muhammad A Alam, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Goodyear, AZ, with other offices in Mesa, AZ and Goodyear, AZ . He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. He speaks English.
Dr. Muhammad A Alam has 3 locations
1301 S Crismon Rd
Mesa, AZ 85209
14539 W Indian School Rd Ste 800
Goodyear, AZ 85395
Book Online Now
Dr. Muhammad A Alam has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Muhammad A Alam has the following 14 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Clinical Depression
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Showing 5 of 5
A terrible doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Muhammad A Alam - Posted on April 21st, 2017
Do you want an expert on all this Walking Dead and Dexter? He's your man! However, when it comes to his ACTUAL job, please don't waste your time and money. His staff is great, they're all super sweet girls--I feel bad that they have to work for such a male chauvinist pig. Ladies, look forward to blatantly crass comments on your body!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Muhammad A Alam - Posted on September 21st, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Muhammad A Alam - Posted on July 11th, 2016
Awesome Doctor. friendly and well mannered.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Muhammad A Alam - Posted on October 1st, 2015
I've been seeing Dr. Alam for a while now. I am in my 40's and have always had anger issues. Upon seeing a counselor and having her recommend that I see a Psychiatrist I went to see Dr. Alam. I was diagnosed as being bipolar and given medication to treat it. I have had no major anger issues or deep depression issues since being diagnosed and receiving the proper medications to treat my illness. I think Dr. Alam and his office staff are awesome and my family and I are all closer now.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Muhammad A Alam - Posted on April 6th, 2013
28 Years Experience
Rawalpindi Med Coll Univ Of Punjab
Graduated in 1990
New York Medical College
Dr. Muhammad A Alam Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Humana Phoenix HMOx
Locations & Directions
Dr. Muhammad A Alam is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Goodyear, AZ.