Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Imran M Abassi
Dr. Imran M Abassi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Leesburg, VA, with another office in Keyser, WV. He has 25 years of experience. His specialties include Geriatric Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Abassi is affiliated with Inova Loudoun Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Imran M Abassi has the following 3 specialties
- Geriatric Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Imran M Abassi has the following 12 expertise
- Mental Illness
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Imran M Abassi has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Imran M Abassi is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I left a voicemail for Dr. Abassi a few weeks ago regarding an emergency visit we had back in early 2017. I never received a phone call back. I called his office again a few days later and reached his receptionist. She asked me what I need help with and began telling her my personal medical information. I couldn’t hear her too well and I asked her if she had me on speaker phone... and she said yes. HUGE HIPAA VIOLATION! I was appalled! I asked her if she could have the doctor contact me directly and she assured me he would, when in fact he never did. That right there tells me I would not trust this practice ever.
Dr. Abassi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Allama Iqbal Medical College
Graduated in 1993
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Dr. Imran M Abassi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Imran M Abassi in this video.
Dr. Imran M Abassi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Leesburg, VA.