Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Muhammad Ahsan
Dr. Muhammad Ahsan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sandusky, OH, with other offices in Springfield, OH and Niles, MI (and 5 other locations). He has 23 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Management and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ahsan is affiliated with Firelands Regional Medical Center, Kettering Medical Center and Mercy Hospital Fairfield. He speaks English.
Dr. Muhammad Ahsan has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Management
A pain management specialist is a physician with advanced knowledge and training in diagnosing and treating pain. These doctors do not come from one particular discipline, but rather use their respective backgrounds to contribute a varied approach to the field of pain management.
These specialists use their different skills and training in pain management to treat pain stemming from different causes - whether it's neuropathic pain or headache, or the result of injury, a surgical procedure, cancer or another illness.
Pain management specialists are primarily trained as anesthesiologists, physiatrists, interventional radiologists, neurologists, osteopaths, or primary care physicians.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Muhammad Ahsan has the following 3 expertise
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
Dr. Muhammad Ahsan has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Ahsan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Firelands Regional Medical Center
Kettering Medical Center
Mercy Hospital Fairfield
Adena Regional Medical Center
Miami Valley Hospital
CMH Regional Health System/CLINTON MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Harrison Medical Center
23 Years Experience
Dow Medical College
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Muhammad Ahsan accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
Locations & Directions
Dr. Muhammad Ahsan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sandusky, OH.