Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Muhammad A Akram
Dr. Muhammad A Akram, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Madisonville, KY. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology. Dr. Akram is affiliated with Twin Lakes Regional Medical Center. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Muhammad A Akram has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
Dr. Muhammad A Akram has the following 12 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Failure
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Muhammad A Akram - Posted on May 31st, 2016
Dr. Akram is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Nishtar Medical College
Graduated in 1985
Dr. Muhammad A Akram Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Bluegrass Family Health
- Baptist Health Community Care Network
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsHEART CARE ASSOCIATES, 44 McCoy Ave Ste 379, Madisonville, KY
Dr. Muhammad A Akram is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Madisonville, KY.