Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Muhammad Ashraf MD
Dr. Muhammad Ashraf, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Glendale, AZ. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Muhammad Ashraf has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Muhammad Ashraf has the following 12 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
Showing 5 of 8
Do not recommend
Self-verified patient of Dr. Muhammad Ashraf - Posted on July 20th, 2017
Took my 80 year old father there for sleep issues. Dr. Ashfraf was anything but professional. He was so incredibly rude and abrasive. when we left there Dr. Ashraf had my anxiety through the roof! I would not take a loved one to this man unless you want to be belittled. I truly believe Dr Ashraf could use some therapy himself.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Muhammad Ashraf - Posted on December 5th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Muhammad Ashraf - Posted on March 25th, 2015
After several months of medications prescribed by my PCP when still i was feeling depressed one friend of mine ask me to make appointment with Dr. Ashraf. From first visit i got impressed with Dr. Ashraf clinical knowledge about psychiatric medicines and his bed side mannerism. He has been always open for discussion about treatment options and also provide counseling whenever needed. Mostly he do see me on time which is always good to save time.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Muhammad Ashraf - Posted on February 7th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Muhammad Ashraf - Posted on March 9th, 2013
Horrible ! Condescending pill pusher with the shortest appointments I've ever heard of Dr Ashraf doesn't sincerely listen and his notes are profoundly inaccurate. The Hampton Clinic is a dirty cattle-call facility. Often takes days to get a phone call returned, if returned at all. The case workers are unorganized, hostile, harried and seemingly educated by pharmaceutical reps. The number one priority is protecting their liability -- not treating or caring for the patient as a whole person. Go somewhere else if you wanting to make sincere steps towards improving your life.
31 Years Experience
Sind Med Coll Univ Of Karachi
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Muhammad Ashraf Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Humana Phoenix HMOx
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. Muhammad Ashraf is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Glendale, AZ.