Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Muhammad Husain
Dr. Muhammad Husain, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Little Rock, AR. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Pathology and Neurology. Dr. Husain is affiliated with Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System-John L McClellan Memorial Veterans Hospital, University Hospital of Arkansas and UAMS Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Muhammad Husain has the following 2 specialties
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Blood Testing
- Fluid Testing
- Tissue Biopsy
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Husain is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System-John L McClellan Memorial Veterans Hospital
University Hospital of Arkansas
UAMS Medical Center
Central Arkansas Hospital
46 Years Experience
Dacca Medical College
Graduated in 1967
University Of Maryland Medical System
Dr. Muhammad Husain accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJOHN MCCLELLAN MEMORIAL VA HOSPITAL, 4300 W 7th St, Little Rock, AR
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Muhammad Husain in this video.
Dr. Muhammad Husain is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Little Rock, AR.