Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Muhammad A Memon
Dr. Muhammad A Memon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mansfield, TX. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. Memon is affiliated with Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South, Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort Worth and Plaza Medical Center of Fort Worth. He speaks English.
Dr. Muhammad A Memon has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
Showing 5 of 41
I went to Dr. Memon for a colonoscopy. After my initial visit, they scheduled my colonoscopy and said they would call in the prescription for the prep a few days before the procedure. Two days before my scheduled procedure, the pharmacy still had not received the script so I called Dr. Memon's office. They did not even have me on the books!!! I was promised a call back that day or very early the next morning to let me know if they could fit me in for my scheduled day (for which I had already submitted PTO). By 10am the next day, I still had heard nothing so I called them. I talked to a different person in the office who did not seem to be aware of the issue. They finally agreed to fit me in. When I asked about the prescription, they asked me what it was for so they could call it in. I told them I wasn't sure of the brand and thought they would have that information. They didn't even know what prep they were supposed to call in for me and wanted me to tell them! At this point I was disgusted and canceled the appointment. Too many balls had been dropped and I now wouldn't trust them with correctly performing or reading a colonoscopy. It may just be the office staff, but their unprofessionalism is a very poor reflection on the doctor.
The Doctor is ok, but the staff at the office is HORRIBLE. Unbelievably bad customer service not to mention unfriendly. The staff is impatient and does not follow up, I had to make multiple phonecalls over several weeks and never hear back from them about addressing my issue. Would not recommend anyone to go to this office.
When I went to Dr. Memon, I stressed that due to the cost - everything would have to be 'in-network'. He assured me that it would be. Instead, he sent the pathology to an 'out of network' friend. I went back and he acknowledged that he told me this. However, a year later, the pathology company is still billing me 30% (the out of network cost). I have spent hours on the telephone with CIGNA to make sure that the pathologist was in network. Since I have spent many hours on this situation, I currently rate Dr. Memon as 'untruthful' and 'fail'. Good medicine does not make up for lack of character. If you can't trust him - why risk your life with him?
Dr. Memon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Dow Medical College
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Muhammad A Memon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMethodist Digestive Health Specialists, 2800 E Broad St Ste 500, Mansfield, TX
Dr. Muhammad A Memon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mansfield, TX.