Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Muhammad N Khan has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 27
Dr Khan is friendly, kind, efficient, and knowledgeable. Some of his staff are also in his category. Unfortunately, others are not: one instance of lack of ethics, at least one instance of lack of caring, one instance of purposeful false information and some laziness. I believe the doctor is just too kind & caring towards his staff & some of his staff take advantage of him.
I am not a patient of his but my spouse is. I have tagged along on the last 2 visits. This most recent one was beyond belief.My spouse was catching a cold or something.An appointment was made last minute and scheduled for same day. That was the only bright spot.1. When you check in, you get a nod from a receptionist sitting 15 ft away.2. We were seen by a nurse practitioner instead of a doctor. In my opinion, if it costs us the same, I want a doctor.3. Waiting room wait time = 47 minutes past appt time. Wait in exam room = 10 minutes.4. The nurse asked for symptoms. Explained that there's head congestion, woke up with a sore throat. And then was cut off by nurse who said "oh you think you have strepp throat?"...spouse hesitated and then nurse added "IF YOU DON'T THINK YOU HAVE STREPP, DON'T TELL HER (NP)ABOUT SORE THROAT...THE TEST IS A HASSELL" . 5. Nice NP, but after getting weight and looking in ear, NP prescribed 3 over the counter drugs. 24 hrs later, symtoms are worse.Khan is never on time. He doesn't practice medicine, he just prescribes.
Dr. Khan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Cook County Hospital
Dr. Muhammad N Khan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsMidwest Internal Medicine, 2975 N Water St, Decatur, IL
Dr. Muhammad N Khan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Decatur, IL.