Dr. Muhammad Shamsi Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Muhammad Shamsi?

He is not interested in patient well being

Posted on October 12th, 2017

He had his back to me while he was asking questions about medicine I was taking, which I already gave information to his therapist two weeks before my session. I felt that he was ill prepared and felt demeaned. I was making statements and he brushed me off and said we will talk about it next time. He prescribed a medicine I had a bad reaction to and removed me from all medicine which gave me seratonin withdrawal. He told me to call him a few days later and didn’t return my call until I spoke to receptionist and told her I was really sick. He then wanted me to pay 70 dollars for a phone call lasting seven minutes. I called to tell him I was still very sick and he told me he was with his family and do not blame him for my illness or burn bridges. That made me more agitated. Instead of calming me he was arguing with me. I feel with him as being a psychiatrist he should be a better listener. My opinion of him is he is more interested in money than patients well being. I do not recommend him. He made me see his therapist twice before I could see him. What a terrible experience!

wonderful dr! wouldnt change a thing!

Posted on July 6th, 2016

Dr Shamsi is very professional and courteous and does care about the well-being of his patients!

Posted on December 4th, 2015

Dr. Shamsi and His wonderful Staff have been treating my son for a year. I would recommend his office to any high school student who suffers from depression.

Posted on August 5th, 2015

This office charges cancellation fees without any questions. Do not schedule appointment if you have any doubt.

Great Doctor

Posted on June 18th, 2015

I was diagnosed by Dr. Shamsi with bipolar back in 2008 after two prior Doctors not having a correct diagnoses. I have suffered with bipolar since I was 16 years old. I am now 53 years old. It took 7 years of trial and error to get me somewhat stable and it would have been impossible without Dr. Shamsi. I would recommend him if you have mental disorders and do not use street drugs or alcohol which make the condition worse! Best of luck to you and hang in there you will find the correct meds. I also recommend a therapist

Time to move on!

Posted on February 4th, 2015

My Dr retired and I was transferred to Dr Shamsi. At first he diagnosed me as Bi -Polar and changed my Meds. I immediately went into a very deep depression. Ended up having to admit myself to the Hospital. The Dr has no affiliations with any Hospitals and would not even make a phone call to get me admitted. After receiving ECT which worked wonderfully the Staff Physiatrist put me on a regime of medications that have worked fairly well for a # of years. Lately I have experienced a few episodes of Depression and all Dr Shamsi does is to increase the doses of these Meds and say eventually you will feel better? Well the Meds are not working anymore(it is very obvious@ this time) so it is Time to change Physicians and get someone who is willing to work with me and listen, just not spend 5 minutes and increase meds that are no longer working. I asked if we should try another Med, but that may take him more than the 5 minutes you get to look up the dosage.

Has been nothing but a pro.

Posted on February 3rd, 2015

I transferred from Jersey psychiatrist and have nothing but positive things to say about Dr. Shamsi. He has made it a comfortable transition and has been a total professional in my case. Has listened to my concerns about particular medications and addressed them accordingly. Support staff is fantastic and always available to help me with scripts, etc. Highly recommended.

Qualified and Professional

Posted on January 24th, 2014

I met with the physician yesterday and felt that he was extremely professional and thorough with his assessments. I am also a professional and wasn't interested in the fluffy crap that usually comes with these types of practitioner's so for me he was perfect. Direct, factual and highly knowledgeable to say the least. Courteous and soft spoken which was helpful for my child as well. Fully answered my as well as my child's questions and didn't rush us out whatsoever.

Rude!

Posted on November 12th, 2011

Dr. Shamsi would not listen to my complaints of the medicine which he prescibed to me. It made me mentally and physically ill after several weeks and months and Dr. Shamsi would not listen to my plea for a different medicine. He also prescribed me 2 prescriptions with no warning that they should not be taken together. I had to hear from CVS (not my own psychiatrist!) that the combination of the pills prescribed could be deadly. Dr. Shamsi was personable as long as I did exactly what he wanted, but he was very rude and egotistical when I told him the medicines weren't working for me.

Posted on November 4th, 2017