Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Mujahid Masood
Dr. Mujahid Masood, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Austin, TX. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Hospitalist and Internal Medicine. Dr. Masood is affiliated with Brackenridge Hospital, South Austin Hospital and Seton Highland Lakes Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Mujahid Masood has the following 2 specialties
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Masood is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
South Austin Hospital
Seton Highland Lakes Hospital
Seton Medical Center Williamson
Seton Southwest Healthcare Center
Seton Shoal Creek Hospital
St. David's Hospital
Seton Edgar B. Davis
St. David'S North Austin Medical Center
31 Years Experience
Dow Medical College
Graduated in 1982
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions7000 N MO Pac Expy, Austin, TX
Dr. Mujahid Masood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Austin, TX.