Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mukesh B Patel has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Sepsis (Blood Poisoning)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Digestive System Cancer
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hypovolemia (Low Blood Volume)
- Heart Failure
- Stomach Flu (Gastroenteritis)
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
Showing 4 of 4
after waiting !!!2 HOURS 27 MINUTES!!!I(I know to dumb of me) saw dr patel. I told him I am positive hep c (from my family dr.) scared and need help. he spent 4 min. yes only 4 min total with me!! he sent me to an out side lab for blood work (8miles away- I didn't go). they don't even draw blood in this office. he set a follow up apt for 21 days $$. he told me it may take a year to start treatment $$, and started to walk out. I said wait, I don't like your answer please explain. he also told me treatment may not start for 1yr due to insurance authorizations$$. I called insurance and I have many options covered including the expensive harvion pill (may have misspelled?). it took me 5 min to write this post more time than he spent with me!! oh by the way he charged my insurance $$340.00 for the 4 min visit. best part; you have to sign all this paper work if you miss an apt they can charge you $25.00+. I wrote on that form if you keep me over 30min waiting to see dr this form is null and void. I felt better but they didn't care. good luck I feel any dr you find is better than dr patel, good luck !!!!2HOURS 27 MINUTES FOR 4 MINUTE VISIT
Dr. Patel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Suny Health Science Center
Dr. Mukesh B Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 1
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDanville Gastroenterology Center, 501 Rison St Ste 130, Danville, VA
Dr. Mukesh B Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Danville, VA.