Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mukesh P Patel has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Mukesh P Patel has the following 13 expertise
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
Dr. Mukesh P Patel has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Mukesh P Patel is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
This doctor was one of the least compassionate doctors that I have ever seen! He was always rushed, didn't listen to what I had to say, and formed his own opinions of me very quickly! It was definitely a no win situation for me, and I found a different doctor right away! I would not recommend this doctor to anyone!
If you want to be treated like a junkie go to this place. They don't have any compassion for the suffering of addicts who are trying to do the right thing by getting their medication legally. They would rather you lose everything or never get straightened out than write a prescription. They'd rather you be on the street. I relapsed the first tom I went to him for help. Why think this time would be different? Use the money you will have to pay him to go ahead and get it off the street. He'd rather you pay him then go pay a drug dealer so just pay the dealer. Not having my medication may cost me my sanity, my job and all I've worked so very hard for. They do not care.
This clinic, as a whole, is the most ridiculous and disappointing! They show no true care for their patients. The first time I had been seen I had to complete a urinanalysis in the front waiting room (which was packed) and walk the container to the desk through the other patients! My next appointment, I stood waiting to be checked in at an empty receptionist desk to be turned away because I was "late", which I was not! I told the lady I had been waiting and it was unacceptable that I had to reschedule due to the waste of my time and gas money! This clinic makes you feel as if they can manipulate you with your need of prescriptions. Honestly! Any human descentcy that comes out of this clinic would be shocking to me! No wonder they have an average rating of 1.7/ 6 on other websites! Do not waste your time or your money using this clinic. Anything could be better than this place.
39 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1979
Eastern State Hospital
Dr. Mukesh P Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsCenter For Emotional Care, 400 E Burwell St, Salem, VA
Dr. Mukesh P Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salem, VA.