Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mukta Pant-Purohit has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Mukta Pant-Purohit has the following 9 expertise
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
Dr. Mukta Pant-Purohit has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 5
I have been very impressed with Dr. Pant. She met me when I was undergoing treatment at IU. Her professional skills are exemplary and she went beyond needed to ensure I received the best treatment. Cancer was trying for me and my family but doctor ensured that we were kept in loop and given relevant information. I am doing better but wouldn't forget her warm demeanor and ease she brought in a difficult time.
Dr. Pant-Purohit provided treatment to my husband. I was very impressed with her vast knowledge in Oncology, treatment options and great compassion for her patients. Her continuous care helped my husband recover. We are spending golden years and I am thankful for Dr. Pant-Purohit for being the best doctor we have seen.
12 Years Experience
Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsCaptain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center, 3001 Green Bay Rd, North Chicago, IL
Dr. Mukta Pant-Purohit is similar to the following 3 Doctors near North Chicago, IL.