Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mukundam Veerabathini has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Mukundam Veerabathini has the following 12 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Abuse
- Birth Control
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Dr. Mukundam Veerabathini has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. V put my inattentive nine year old son on a slew of medications and I had to work hard to advocate for him in order to keep him from being over-medicated. He developed a head movement tic and eventually began having paranoid delusions. We went from having a child who had problems concentrating and some emotional outbursts to a child who couldn't control his motor movements and thought his gym teacher was a demon. Dr V was terrible at recognizing which medications were causing what symptoms and instead of thinking to back my son off of the medications that were causing these never-before-seen problems, he wanted to add a fourth medication for the delusions. I NOPED out of there and made an executive decision with my husband to stop the medication. My son returned to his previous self and we found a much more skilled doctor who spent time with him and started him on a small dose of a non-stimulant ADHD medication. Children are incredible complex little people. If you find a doctor who spends almost no time talking to the child (or only asks one or two basic questions) and wants to prescribe a bunch of strong medications, you need to run. I am terrified to think of where my son would be at now if we had continued to visit Dr. V. He has improved greatly over the past six months and our problems with him are way down. Good mental health care is everything and I really believe you will not find that for your child with Dr. Veerabathini.
New York Medical College
Dr. Mukundam Veerabathini accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
Locations & Directions
Dr. Mukundam Veerabathini is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Altoona, PA.