Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mumtaz Jahan has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Jahan is located at 518 McDonald Avenue Brooklyn, NY, 11218 Unit 2. I have never in my life encountered such an ugly soul. I have visited her office three to four times. The office entrance is dingy, she is completely RUDE and she has now misdiagnosed me with hemorrhoids.... Today is what broke the camel's back when I called her OFFICE phone (not a personal line) and she asked who I was. I replied with my name, she then replies "why are you calling me?" "I'm in a meeting"! I know she went to med school but that only proves she can read, write and retain because common sense has passed her by! Why would anyone call a Dr.'s office? They obviously need to see or speak to a Dr. How dare she speak to any human being in such a fashion. She is an insolent, condescending, ignorant buffoon who suffers from lack of bedside manner!
She took care of me & my son. She has been the only doctor ever to suggest that I have my liver checked. To discover that my levels see abnormal, was frightening! It was also enlightening. My father & uncle both died young due to liver disease. Yet, although I've had malaise for tears, she was the first to check. Perhaps, we can now cure me & get me back in track. She has also been very kind & concerned about my son, calling to check up on him personally. She doesn't deserve these bad ratings she has. She comes from an English speaking country, a former British colony. To say she doesn't speak English & that she smells is ludicrous & insulting. Its extremely difficult to be licensed as a doctor in the US & impossible without command of English. She is a thorough & caring doctor. I.recommend her.
My Husband Has Some test Done At this Doctors office, When It was time to go and get the test results we try to call first for 1 week and could not get intouch with anyone only an answer machine, We keep trying to call finally we got the doctor on the phone and we were only looking for the address so we could go back and get the test results, She said I will call U back, She did not understand english at all. Still No answer and we did not get the test results after we paid to see her and paid to take the test.
Dr. Jahan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
Dhaka Medical College
Graduated in 1972
Dr. Mumtaz Jahan accepts the following insurance providers.
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMumtaz Jahan Md, 509 McDonald Ave, Brooklyn, NY
Dr. Mumtaz Jahan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.