Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mumtaz Suleman has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Dr. Mumtaz Suleman has the following 14 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mental Illness
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Mumtaz Suleman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
After meeting with Dr. Suleman for several months now, I now feel as if my life has changed and swivel back on it's track. With her helpful advice, prescriptions and her valiant smiles, Dr. Suleman assisted me to conquer my Depressive Disorder that we later found I had acquired. Furthermore, the staff was very friendly and kind, she and I became close as we exchanged fun stories in the waiting room when a patient was already with the doctor. My experience with Dr. Suleman and her staff was very promising and reliving. She not only became my most memorable doctor, but a close friend too.
She smiles as she tells you to that you have problems. She smiles as she gives you the phone number for 911, in case you have severe problems. She will hand you Kleenex after you start crying because she made you feel worse about your condition. She will prescribe outdated medicine for you. It leaves you wondering if she understood what your problem is. A waste of time, money and emotion. I have never felt so compromised.
Dr. Suleman is fine as a psychiatrist, but as most in the field, spend her efforts determining what drug to prescribe. The office staff is absymal, wrong information given to the patient, such as co-pays then coming back for more money later...sometimes on questionable matters. Never going back.
Saw Dr Suleman in a deep state of depression. 1st appt went well. Meds were given that helped and I showed signs of improvement. After a few visits and I started feeling relief and hope we fond out my insurance would only pay for my meds in 3 month amounts. As soon as she fond out abot this she stood up from her chair and said I would have to find another dr to treat me because she would NOT percribe meds this way (I completely understand why with addictive meds). She did not give me a chance to say I would pay for them myself if that meant my recovery. She opened the door and pretty much asked me to leave. I felt all the hope of recovery and progress I had made slip out of me. I left her office in tears and cried in bed the rest of the day. She put on a good act at first and I hope no one has to go through what I did. As an added note her receptionist is very hard to understand and got my appt wrong twice. She scheduled me on a date and when we showed up the office was closed. We waited one hour before she showed up (they charge you if you miss an appt) and she laughed when she told me she wrote down my appt wrong. Please beware.
I was very reluctant going into therapy and honestly believed that both Dr. Suleman and myself were just wasting our time. Over the course of 9 months that I visited Dr. Suleman I experienced the hardest times of my life and without the doctor I can honestly say that I wouldn't be here today. Thank you Dr. Suleman.
Dr. Mumtaz Suleman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Houston HMOx
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & DirectionsMumtaz Suleman Md, 2060 Space Park Dr, Houston, TX
Dr. Mumtaz Suleman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.