Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Mun K Hong has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Spontaneous Rupture
- Blood Vessel Prosthesis Implantation
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Disease (Myocardial Ischemia)
- Coronary Restenosis
- Coronary Atherectomy
- Arteriosclerosis (Arterial Disease)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Balloon Angioplasty (Coronary Angioplasty)
- Coronary Thrombosis
- Heart Diseases
- Blood Clot
- Heart Catheterization
- Vascular Graft Occlusion
- Coronary Stenosis
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Transplantation
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Myocardial Infarction
- Left Ventricular Dysfunction
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Attack
- Coronary Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Hong is a knowledgeable cardiologist who takes his time to speak to his patients. They are not just numbers but he is genuinely concerned about their well being. He was very curteous and consistently questioned us whether or not we had questions for him about my father in-law's condition and the angioplasty procedure he was about to receive. The rating for the staff was based on the Flushing location, which he visits twice a week.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
32 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Mun K Hong accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center, 7503 Surratts Rd, Clinton, MD
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Mun K Hong in this video.
Dr. Mun K Hong is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Clinton, MD.