Dr. Muniza Shah Is this you?

2.1

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Muniza Shah?

Completely worthless/poor bedside manner

My experience with Dr Shah was very unpleasant and a big waste of my time. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder after the death of my mother. I was recommended a visit to her. I would always spend about an hour in the waiting room for her session. I would walk into her office with her fickle attitude, poor eye contact, and bingo! prescribed me medication that didn't work and charged me big on her session. Just ten to fifteen minutes of her. The medication she prescribed me made me feel really nauseous and worsen my anxiety to the point of no return. I asked her about my medication. Did she try to prescribe me something different? Did she bother to help? Nope. Just a demanding remark to up my dosage.

Very shifty

My son was a former patient of mine and I took him in for his sessions with Dr. Shah. My son has aspergers syndrome and he was in middle school at the time. She prescribes him lorazepam that made his anxiety worsen an feeling sick to his stomach/nauseous. We went back to her and told her that the medication is not working. She got snippy and ignored my wish and wanted to up his dosage. She came off really cold, unfriendly, and untrustworthy whenever we would walk into her office. Made poor eye contact with me and was really condescending to both of us. We then walked out between the session and never came back.

disorganized doctor

-wrote prescription under wrong name so I couldn't figure out why the pharmacy didn't have my meds-fails to write in proper doses of medication causing delays in filling of medication-poor eye contact, spends very little time with me as a patient-office staff is disorganized, rude, ill-equipped to deal with mental health patients-overall i would not recommend her to anyone

A dose of Anxiety!

I would not recommend this psychiatrist! My over all experience with her has been horrible. While in her office she accused me of being 'high' and that I smoked marijuana. Her idiotic assumption came from the fact that I had no makeup on and my eyes were red, from crying that day. Also, at the time of being an out of state student, she accused me of getting my medicine off of the streets because it had been a while since I last saw her.I then went 5 months with out my medicine because she refused to prescribe me anymore, even though I was in college 9 hours away with no transportation to another doctor. This is the medicine that allows me to sleep! Without it I have horrible nightmares, toss and turn, and barely get 2-3 hours of sleep a day. Basically, she did not treat me, she only made things worse.When I was home for break, and had an appointment, she cancelled it. How is a professional going to blackmail me, and then cancel my appointment? She is nothing but a headache.Also, there have been numerous times where I have waited in her office for 50 minutes or more. When I finally get in her office, she sits and writes barely making eye contact. Her body language and overall attitude is not welcoming and comforting.

Dr. Shah is the best