Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Murat Z Akalin MD
Dr. Murat Z Akalin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mammoth Lakes, CA, with other offices in San Luis Obispo, CA and Mammoth Lakes, CA . He has 17 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Family Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Murat Z Akalin has 3 locations
895 Aerovista Pl Ste 106
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
PO Box 660
Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546
Book Online Now
Dr. Murat Z Akalin has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Murat Z Akalin has the following 12 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
Dr. Murat Z Akalin is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
17 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Murat Z Akalin Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
More about Dr. Murat Z Akalin
Murat Akalin,MD,MPH, earned his undergraduate degree from Johns Hopkins University, his Masters in Public Health from Columbia University, and his medical degree from Harvard Medical School. Dr. Akalin has an MD in psychiatry and family medicine. A family doctor, with special training in psychiatry, Dr. Akalin will be in the clinic providing psychiatric care two days per week and family medicine two days per week. He will also be taking call and doing inpatient care along with the other family doctors. Dr. Akalin enjoys working with patients with substance abuse problems, chronic mental illness, and symptoms of anxiety and depression. Although Dr. Akalin is not a child psychiatrist, he has experience working with children. Dr. Akalin is also comfortable working in Spanish.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Murat Z Akalin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Mammoth Lakes, CA.