- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Murat Z Akalin MD
Dr. Murat Z Akalin, MD is a doctor primarily located in Mammoth Lakes, CA, with other offices in Mammoth Lakes, CA and San Luis Obispo, CA( and 2 other locations). They have 18 years of experience. Their specialties include Psychiatry.
Dr. Murat Z Akalin has 4 locations
Dr. Murat Z Akalin has the following 1 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Murat Z Akalin has the following 12 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
18 Years Experience
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Murat Z Akalin Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
More about Dr. Murat Z Akalin
Murat Akalin,MD,MPH, earned his undergraduate degree from Johns Hopkins University, his Masters in Public Health from Columbia University, and his medical degree from Harvard Medical School. Dr. Akalin has an MD in psychiatry and family medicine. A family doctor, with special training in psychiatry, Dr. Akalin will be in the clinic providing psychiatric care two days per week and family medicine two days per week. He will also be taking call and doing inpatient care along with the other family doctors. Dr. Akalin enjoys working with patients with substance abuse problems, chronic mental illness, and symptoms of anxiety and depression. Although Dr. Akalin is not a child psychiatrist, he has experience working with children. Dr. Akalin is also comfortable working in Spanish.