Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Muriel Morris has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 9
I gave her 1 star to be friendly. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone, take heed to the reviews you read! She is rude, unsupportive, and most of all unhelpful. Within 10 minutes she judged me and berated me for my eating disorder, even though she claims to be an "eating disorder specialist," she displayed no knowledge whatsoever about the subject. Then at the end of the appointment, which I couldn't help but end early because it was simply unbearable- she was just downright nasty of a person, she tried to force me into booking multiple more appointments with her, multiple times a week, insisting that my current treatment was not working whatsoever (without any prior knowledge of my history.) That kind of behavior from a doctor, which I can't help but feel like was for the sake of money, was absolutely disgusting and I can't believe that someone like that would consider themselves a health care professional. This is genuinely disappointing and I hope she re-evaluates herself, because many of her patients have appeared to have a similar experience.
47 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1966
Hospital For Joint Diseases Orthopaedic Institute
Dr. Muriel Morris accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMuriel G Morris MD, 49 E 96th St, New York, NY
Dr. Muriel Morris is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.