Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Murray Jonas has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Gallbladder Surgery
- HIV Infections
- Infectious Disease
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
Showing 5 of 21
I have been Dr Jonas' patient for 31 years since he opened his practice. He is a professional, knowledgeable and thorough doctor. He has always put my health as a priority. Three years ago, I went to see a cardiologist upon his referral and recommendation and it turned out I needed a triple bypass, in essence he saved my life. That evening after surgery, I heard Dr Jonas' voice at the hospital but I was still heavily sedated. My nurse told me in the morning that he came to visit me and it was well after 11PM. I was so grateful that he took the time to pay me a visit just to make sure I was OK. He truly cares about his patients and is a very compassionate human being. I am grateful and blessed to have him as my primary physician.
I have been a patient of Dr. Jonas for 17 years and have been grateful ever since. He was able to diagnosis my condition after I had gone to many doctors prior without a proper diagnosis. I find him to be very knowledgable, understanding and he has a good sense of humor, even if I am not in a laughing mood. Yes, the wait time can be long at times but that is because so many need and want his expertise..He has been known to make hospital visits in the middle of the night if need be...He is truly a gem and I totally trust him and his efficient staff with all of my health concerns..Thanks, Dr. Jonas!!!
My folks have been going to him as long as I can remember... I use to go to him when I had flu sinus infection etc. He was good but now past 10 years I say he likes to just give meds out. my mother is in bad shape n when I saw what he has been giving her n now is addicted to pain meds n a fetheonol patch for her arthritis... its really sad... I'm trying to help n he is making many excuses... so if u go to Jonas wtip n find another
Dr. Jonas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
New York University
Dr. Murray Jonas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMurray Jonas Md Pllc, 1569 E 18th St, Brooklyn, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Murray Jonas in this video.
Dr. Murray Jonas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.