Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Murugesu Gajapathy
Dr. Murugesu Gajapathy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New York, NY. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Gajapathy is affiliated with Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital, Baltimore City Hospital and Lenox Hill Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Murugesu Gajapathy has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Murugesu Gajapathy is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
I was so afraid of anesthesia... as most people are. I met with Dr. Gajapathy right before the surgery and I told him my fears and anxieties.. He was so calming and warm. He listened to everything I had to say and assuaged all my fears. He was gentle and caring and obviously so experienced. I was so nervous and Dr. Gajapathy made me calm down and feel that I was in very experienced hands. I went out perfectly, comfortably and woke up smoothly as from a nice sleep. A bit of nausea which passed very quickly. I so appreciate what this man did to make me feel safe and cared for FIVE STARS!! Thank you Doctor!!! No problems at all..He is great..highly recommend..
Dr. Gajapathy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital
Baltimore City Hospital
Lenox Hill Hospital
New York Eye And Ear Infirmary, New York, Ny
Jewish Hospital of Brooklyn
Brooklyn Jewish Hospital
45 Years Experience
University Of Colombo
Graduated in 1968
Dr. Murugesu Gajapathy accepts the following insurance providers.
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLenox Hill Medical Anesthesiologist PLLC, 100 E 77th St, New York, NY
Dr. Murugesu Gajapathy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.