Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Muthoka L Mutinga
Dr. Muthoka L Mutinga, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jamaica Plain, MA. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Mutinga is affiliated with Brigham And Womens Faulkner Hospital. Dr. Mutinga has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Muthoka L Mutinga has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Muthoka L Mutinga has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
Showing 5 of 12
I have been a patient of Dr Mutinga for a long time.He is very caring and compassionate.He has never steered me wrong.He has always been accurate in his diagnosis.And he follows through with everything.He calls when he says he will.I have set family and friends to him and they all say the same thing.His staff is just as nice as he is.Everytime I have been hospitalized and the nurses find out who my Doctor says hey allsay you could not have a better Doctor.Even other Doctors have said that to me.I am grateful I have Dr Mutinga.
i was in the Falmouth, Ma hospital with a blocked colon. After 6 days, 30 enemas, and a 30 minute flexible sygmoidoscopy that were all unsuccessful, they transferred me to the Faulkner to see Dr. Mutinga. the next morning he performed a 3 Hour Flex Syg (that's right, 3 hours!!) and he cleared the obstruction. I truly feel his expertise helped me where other doctors could not. He saved me from having to be opened up and having a bag put in place for up to 1-2 months!
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Mutinga is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Dr. Muthoka L Mutinga accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsGi Associates At Faulkner Hospital, 1153 Centre St, Jamaica Plain, MA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Muthoka L Mutinga in this video.
Dr. Muthoka L Mutinga is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jamaica Plain, MA.