Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Myrna B Carag-West has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Myrna B Carag-West has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 20
I have been Dr. West's patient for over 20 years. She always has her appointments well planned that there is almost never any waiting time. I've yet to have time to finish a magazine article! She is interested not only in my health issues, but in my emotional and mental well being as well. Always her final question is 'anything else'? She is my favorite Dr. ever. Caring and professional.
Her office is run so well, I have never had time to read a magazine article. Her diagnosis of my problem has always been correct. She has referred me to the correct specialist if I have needed any additional procedures. She encourages 'self accountability' such as proper nutrition, hydration, and exercise. She is warm and personable...I have been seeing her for over 35 years. She is my favorite doctor ever.
Called to make an appointment, as this provider was assigned to me by my insurance, and was asked if I received my insurance through the Affordable Care Act. I was then told they were not taking patients from that program. As I questioned this person about their refusal, they put someone else on the phone claiming they weren't accepting new patients regardless. I feel that this is an unethical practice, and I am glad I found out before I saw the doctor.
Was rude in speaking with us and refused to discuss whether or not my Mother was over-medicated. Her response, "she's just old". I would rate quality of care "0". I would never go to this Dr.She needs a personality check.
Dr. Carag-West is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
51 Years Experience
University Of The Philippines
Graduated in 1967
Wilson Medical Center
Dr. Myrna B Carag-West accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMyrna B Carag Carag-West Md, 219 S O Connor Rd, Irving, TX
Dr. Myrna B Carag-West is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Irving, TX.