Dr. Nabeel Farah Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Nabeel Farah?

Posted on November 4th, 2016

Good doctor, but I don't know that CPAP works as great as they say it suppose to! I've been using it over a year, 99% of the time. Headaches might be better (not much) but I don't feel any better!

Pleasant experience

Posted on July 12th, 2016

Interesting range of reviews. I had my first appointment today and found it a pleasant experience all the way around. I found Dr. Farah to be nice, polite and attentive so I'm not sure why there are all of the negative bedside manner comments.

Posted on September 17th, 2015

An appointment churner. I have had more appointments with Dr. Farah than any other doctor in the past year, and yet accomplished so little in those appointments. It takes several weeks to schedule each appointment, and I keep hoping the next one is when we'll get something done (like a CPAP machine?!). But, no, it's just another 5 min checking my blood pressure and telling me that a CPAP machine will help me (if I ever get one). After several months of this, I've been told it will be only one more week of this nonsense. If untrue, I'm finding someone else.

Posted on April 16th, 2015

This Dr has a pushy nature and I am not sure I am going to get an accurate diagnosis.

A Peer Review

Posted on October 20th, 2014

Dr. Nabeel Farah is a giant of a man, towering over even my 6'2" height -- physically intimidating. But in actuality, a very gentle man who hides behind a somewhat brusk exterior and appears to be dominated by a "time manager." Once one gets through those barriers, he is a very likeable person and worth getting to know. Medically, he appears to be at the top of his profession as a sleep specialist. He wants to see the data from any sleep titration, and do his own analysis -- the sign of a scientifically competent professional. He gives the results of his analysis and doesn't try to fit it to the patient's preconceived notion of the correct answer. This might get him lower marks for bedside manner; however, I prefer the results given to me very clearly. It's not about making the patent feel good about himself; it's about making the patient get better medically. Now having said all of this about Dr. Farah, I have returned to him several times over the past three years and will continue to do so. He has improved my medical condition. Although I am not a medical doctor, I am a scientist and an engineer. I appreciate a doctor he seeks to truly understand "why" diseases and conditions occur, and not just "how" to treat the symptoms. I recommend Dr. Nabeel Farah very highly for those who want to get better from sleep disorders!

DON"T WASTE YOUR MONEY

Posted on December 12th, 2013

No bedside manner. Does not care what the patient has to say. Interrupts patient while talking. Pompous, arrogant

patient

Posted on October 28th, 2013

I've seen several other sleep doctors before I moved to Dallas and by far I like Dr. Farah the best. The staff was very friendly and I liked Dr. Farah's approach to treating my sleep apnea. He gave me several treatment options. I found that he was able to recommend a different CPAP mask that I found much more comfortable than the one that I had been using for the last several years. He was also able to download data from my CPAP machine and he was able to make adjustments to my machine to make it easier to use.

Self-promoting, uninformed and clueless.

Posted on February 26th, 2013

See if this doctor knows what equipment you are using. See if he schedules the correct sleep study for that equipment. See if you can understand him as he flies through the appointment as if he is on speed or has ADHD. But mostly see if he listens to your problems with treatment, and offers solutions. This guy wants to be the Sleep Doctor on local TV -- not an involved physician.

best to avoid

Posted on August 4th, 2012

this guy is full of himself for no apparent reason. i expect an ego from young doctors that are good at what they do, but i think my 11 year old niece is smarter then this guy. it is obvious he is preoccupied with himself, because he does not pay attention. i would find another doctor if you are considering him.

If you're looking for a Dr. to help with your sleep disorder, you might want to keep looking

Posted on May 23rd, 2012

Visited for my initial appt with Dr. Farah for a consultation. Office staff was very polite and helpful and I was able to get in immediately that day. However, getting in immediately-apparently left little to no time with the Dr. I felt very rushed as he conducted his physical exam on me, as he would instruct me to do one thing i.e. 'open your mouth', 'cough', etc, and before he'd even spend any time lookin at what he was asking me to do, he was already onto the next portion of the exam. I felt VERY rushed in this initial meeting, and because I'm so sleepy (sleep apnea) thought that maybe I was being overly sensitive to my consultation with him. Well, I had my sleep study done last and had to go back to get the results from him. He told me two things, my oxygen percentage, and the number of times I either woke up, or stopped breathing-I still don't know, because he rushed to get out of the room (AGAIN!!). I realize this is his everyday work, and sees patients every day, with the same or similiar symptoms, but I expect just a little more time with a physician, than the 2 or 3 minute rush every time I've been in his office. Needless to say-I won't be back for a third visit, and am looking for a different sleep specialist, that has a little more time and patience with their patients.

Posted on July 18th, 2011

This doctor mumbles all the time and talks too fast. Doesn't connect with me at all. This is my last visit, 5th time I've been there and I already found anothre doctor. The office staff was excellent, as if they know how he is with patients, they go beyond to make me feel at ease and comfortable.

NOT PROFESSIONAL-DESPITE D MAGAZINE REVIEWS

Posted on March 15th, 2011

Dr. Farah is rated highly by D Magazine and seems to have relatively good reviews posted by other patients online. I have had a different experience.As a new patient, I arrived fifteen minutes early to my appointment to fill out new patient paperwork as requested. I was brought into the exam room 10 minutes after my actual appointment was to begin and was told the doctor would be right. 10 minutes is not a big deal, most of us expect this when visiting a doctor. However, 40 minutes later, no one came in to check on me nor had I seen the doctor once, so I stuck my head out to ask what was going on. One of the office staff said that they had contacted the doctor twice and proceeded to contact him a third time while I stood in the office area trying to figure out what was going on. Dr. Farah hung up on the office staff member. I then politely told the staff that I was leaving and planned to find another doctor. Dr. Farah must have heard me and rushed out of the room next door and grabbed my chart off the door. I proceeded to tell him that a 45 minute wait was ridiculous and that I was going to find another doctor. I also told him he needed to change is website (www.ntxsleep.com) as it states "We take pride in our short wait times and in most cases we can even schedule you for the same or next day. When you visit our office we realize your time is very important. We make checking in as timely and efficient as possible and Dr. Farah will see you promptly without long waiting room times."I've never written a review of any kind before, but it is upsetting to me that I partially chose a doctor based on claims that they have exemplery customer service.Maybe the D Magazine reviews regarding Dr. Farah's expertise are correct, but I won't ever know because I will not be going back; however, I will be sending him an invoice for wasting my time.