3.4

Have you seen Dr. Nachum Levin?

cold as ice

Arrogant not confident. Pressured in time. Answeres only questions you ask instead of explaining options. Doesn't physically touch a patient, just looks at the xrays. M.A. was just as cold and also rude. I am blessed that there are other choices. It's either his way or the highway, but no explanation as to why. Likes to operate on those who don't ask questions since 5 minutes is what is required to convince an elderly patient to have surgery. Don't ask and you might like him. No bedside manner. NONE!!!! Doesn't even shake your hand.

Injury - Talas Fracture ..

My right foot was crushed in a car accident in 1997. The attending physician at the local hospital reviewed my injury and sent me to an expert, Dr. Nachum Levin. The next day, Dr. Levin accepted my case, brought in a team of experts and saved my foot. The clinical name for my injury is a Sub Talas Fracture. I was told that in all likelihood, I would not walk without the use of an apparatus. Thanks to Dr. Levin I had a long yet successful recovery and 19 years later I am still walking without an apparatus. I am not one to leave reviews although after reading unfavorable comments on Dr. Levin I felt compelled to share. I wasn't sent to Dr. Levin for his bedside manner or his fashion sense; I was sent to Dr. Levin b/c of his clinical expertise and best practice philosophy and practice. I have known others who had similar / less traumatic injuries who did not yield the same quality use of their limb, longevity or life. Dr. Levin is a clinical master at his craft and I am fortunate to have been referred to him via 'word of mouth' all the way from Westchester county.

Doctor's Response

Thank you so much for your review. It was great to hear from a patient that I remember fondly. I appreciate that you shared your story and I am happy that you were helped by my care. Your sentiments validate my reason for becoming a physician. I wish you continued good health in the future.

Dr was very rude,has NO bed side manner.He did not examine me,which I have learned from several Drs, this was VERY wrong on his part. Did NOT spend any more then 5 minutes with me.I have chosen Hospital for special surgery,instead of using this very POOR excuse of a DR

Doctor's Response

I am not sure of who you may be. I apologize if you perceived me to be inattentive or rude. I assure you that was not my intent. When choosing a surgeon, it is important to base your decision on positive surgical outcomes. Most of my patients choose to see me based on word-of-mouth from their family and friends. Every patient I meet gets treated with compassion and respect. I am proud to have treated thousands of patients in need of hip and knee replacements over the past 20 years and to have played a positive role in improving their quality of life. I am happy to learn that you have found a solution to your problem that will work for you. I wish you good health for the future.

Beware!

I will never return.This doctor is negligent and has poor bedside manner.I left his office feeling unsatisfied, worried and frightened.He is very rude and does not have compassion.The only thing he want is to do the surgery.I went for a second opinion and ended up having course of antibiotics.The pain in my joint was from an infection.If I would listen dr.Levin I would end up with unnecessary surgery.I would not recommend this doctor to my worst enemy!!!!!

Doctor's Response

I'm sorry that you feel this way. At this time, I do not know who you may be. Diagnosing illness can be a complicated process. If you feel that your first diagnosis was not correct, you should let us know so that we can figure out what is going on and which treatment is most appropriate. It is not uncommon for different physicians to offer different opinions. A diagnosis that you do not like may still be correct and be the best course of action.

Dr. Nachum Levin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.

Dr. Nachum Levin Is this you?