late appt

I went to see this "doctor" on Friday. I was late for my appt due to GPS sending me to the wrong address. I was told at 11:12 he was going to see me even though I was late. Then he comes back and says NO I"m not seeing her. She can come back. The next appt was Jan 2019. I left and then thought about it and was like my appt was for an hour. He said NO come back. This was going to be my first visit with him and needless to say I will NOT be seeing him EVER. I have PTSD and have been seeing dr's at Duke. Since he was closer to home I thought I would give him a try.. ( also referred to me by my PCP) I have been on my meds for over a year and he just turned me away. Its not like he was seeing me for a sore throat, we are talking about my mental health. Mental health is so bad these days as it is and now I see why because of "doctors" like him. I would suggest you find a different before going there.

Never again!!!

Dr Akhtar was introduced to my mother a few years ago. She was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. (for thirty years) She had been on the same meds for over 30 years and after seeing Akhtar for just a few months, he cut her dosage in half, and then took her completely her regimen. Needless to say, it was a disaster!!!! My mother's behavior changed drastically, and she ended up in jail, and being admitted from one hospital to the next. She up and gave all her possessions away, and even left her residence to walk the streets. She was homeless...and so agitated from not being stable, that she wouldn't except accept any help from anyone. I begged Dr Akhtar and his staff to help me, but they refused. I'm no doctor, but you don't just take a mental patient off meds and l eave them out there to destroy themselves. The staff was rude, and unconcerned. It was a nightmare. Before Dr Akhtar's "treatment" my mom was living independently and behaviors were stable. I ended up having to fight for the last year to become her guardian, and we are starting fresh; without Dr Akhtar and his radical ways.

Dr. Nadeem Akhtar is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Kernersville, NC.