Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nader H Balba
Dr. Nader H Balba, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fairfax, VA, with another office in Chantilly, VA. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Balba is affiliated with Inova Fairfax Hospital. Dr. Balba has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Nader H Balba has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 19
I really like Dr. Balba, his bed side manners are excellent. He is one of the few doctors that I met who is on top of his subject. His knowledge and thoughtfulness really made me comfortable to choose him as my Gastroenterologist. I have no regrets about this decision.
Dr Balba continues to be one of the finest physicians I have found. He possesses a wonderful bedside manner and expresses great concern for his patient. He explains everything in a clear and concise mannaer and discusses the options available with the pros and cons of each. After my last visit he personall called me to provide me with additional information on my tests and to arrange a follow up appointment. He also cares for the rest of my family in the same manner. I highly recommend this outstanding professional.
Dr. Balba is the best gastroenterologist I have seen. He has the rare -- but badly needed -- combination of incredible communication skills and fantastic bedside manner. Every time I leave a visit, I can't believe how long I spent seeing other doctors whose approaches were much less organized and caring. If you have complicated medical issues, this is a doctor I would consider because he can handle a lot of information in a short time, although he does not rush. He spends plenty of time with his patients and provides valuable, easy-to-apply feedback and organized next steps. I am so thankful to have found this physician.
I already registered with him , after around 1 and half month I got my first appointment , I didnt feel I got treatment , because it was required to do Endoscopy and I dont enough money to afford the cost of endoscopy and my situation start more worse therefore I tried to scheldule an appointment in order to give a second option but unfortunately I couldnt because his staff I dont know the names but one she was Asian they didnt give me either any near time even with any physician in their office . therefore I decided to change this physician not because him but because his staff in order to treat my self
Dr. Balba is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Nader H Balba accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nader H Balba in this video.
Dr. Nader H Balba is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fairfax, VA.