Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Nadira A Ahmed has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Nadira A Ahmed has the following 15 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Lyme Disease
- Eating Disorders
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Varicose Veins
- Women's Health
- Electrocardiography (EKG)
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 8
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nadira A Ahmed - Posted on March 24th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nadira A Ahmed - Posted on October 18th, 2014
Wow, I'm not sure where to start. The WORST doctors office I've been to. The staff is HORRIBLE, Rude, LIARS, and should not, repeat NOT, be dealing with any patient. Very unfriendly and poor patient care. Wait times are ridiculous also! Stay away for your own good!!! She lost ANOTHER patient again and my whole family as well...
recommend a new doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nadira A Ahmed - Posted on October 7th, 2013
I have gone to Dr. Ahmed for over ten years. Alot of my family goes to her. These past 2 years she has misdiagnosised me twice on two occasions. I had the health department call me instead of her. Once had an infection which lasted for months. Many appointments. Mo freaking me out rather than explaining. Called Ahmed didn't get her phone call for many hours after. Most the time you won't see her, or she's out off the country. Was embarrassed when she wasn't there and her nurse practitioner accused me of already given a script which ahmed put in because she knew she wouldn't be there for my follow up. Yelled out the door to call walgreens. (Very unprofessional and rude).Then a girl came back with my file which the script was there. Her nurse practitioner then began to tell me how I don't need the script. I left in tears. Which is no way you should leave from a doctor's office. I'm truly recommending a new doctor. One that wants to treat their patients.
Sales Associate, Apartment Guide
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nadira A Ahmed - Posted on August 25th, 2013
Self-verified patient of Dr. Nadira A Ahmed - Posted on May 18th, 2011
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Nadira A Ahmed Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
SIHO Insurance Services
- SIHO Network
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions, ,
Dr. Nadira A Ahmed is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Merrillville, IN.