The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nadya D Hasham-Jiwa has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
- Cancerous Tumor
Showing 5 of 13
Dr Hasham-Jiwa is a very caring and courteous doctor. She is patient and will listen to you no matter how long it takes! I felt genuine trust and confidence in her ability while receiving my treatments for cancer. She has a wonderful staff who treat all patients with professionalism and devotion. I would recommend this doctor to anyone looking for an oncologist.
Dr. Hssham-Jiwa has taken care of my breast cancer over the past two years. She is one of the most intelligent professionals in her oncology field that I have experienced. She listen's to my needs for follow treatments and has always given me time to share my concerns. She helped me with her great sense of humor to stay focused on the positive and always encouraged me as being one of her most positive patients. I can credit my total recovery to her outstanding bed-side manner and uplifting spirits. Thank you Nadia for being not only my Oncologist, but also being my friend.
17 Years Experience
University Of North Texas Health Science Center College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 2001
University Of Texas Medical Branch Hospitals
Dr. Nadya D Hasham-Jiwa accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Houston HMOx
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNadya Hasham-Jiwa Do, 11920 Astoria Blvd Ste 150, Houston, TX
Dr. Nadya D Hasham-Jiwa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.