Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Nafisa A Tejpar
Dr. Nafisa A Tejpar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Maitland, FL, with another office in Orlando, FL. Her specialties include Surgery. Dr. Tejpar is affiliated with Florida Hospital Waterman, Orlando Regional South Seminole Hospital and Orlando Regional Medical Center. Dr. Tejpar has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Nafisa A Tejpar has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Nafisa A Tejpar has the following 8 expertise
- Galbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Breast Cancer
- Umbilical Hernia
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Breast Diseases
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Inguinal Hernia
Dr. Nafisa A Tejpar has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 16
I visited her office accompanying my mom for a biopsy to confirm breast cancer. As we attempted to enter the back office, I was rudely confronted by the ultra-sound technician named Karen who abruptly told me, "only the patient can come in." I asked her can I at least carry her bag in for her? She said no!...Can I at least ask the doctor a few questions. Karen said, "we will not have results today and the doctor may not want to speak with you." After the biopsy, I spoke to the doctor after a second request to Stephanie in the front office. I explained to the doctor my concerns and how we were treated. The doctors response was very dismissive. My family and I are highly disappointed.
I have been extremely satisfied with Dr. Tejpar's advocacy in caring for me during my journey through breast cancer treatment. She is very caring and has many years of breast surgery experience. I have been able to trust her completely in her advice for my treatment. She has a good repore with the other physicians involved in my care . Her office staff is also caring and efficient. I have referred two other friends to her and they too have been very satisfied.
Dr. Tejpar is amazing! She's incredibly thorough, caring, and straightforward, and her office and staff are great and very accommodating. I couldn't disagree more with the person (looks like the same one) who has written the negative reviews! She knows her stuff and is compassionate - only suggesting surgery if absolutely necessary. I would send any family member or friend unhesitatingly to Dr. Tejpar!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Tejpar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Nafisa A Tejpar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
Locations & Directions
Dr. Nafisa A Tejpar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Maitland, FL.