Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nafiseh Woodard
Dr. Nafiseh Woodard, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Charleston, WV. She has 14 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Woodard is affiliated with Putnam General Hospital, Charleston Area Medical Center - Women's & Children's Hospital and Thomas Memorial Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Nafiseh Woodard has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Woodard is a loving, caring, and a very bright young doctor of osteopathic medicine. She really does care about her patients. The only complaint I have is who Dr. Woodard works for, and that is Cabin Creek Health Systems. Their thinking is that if you have a Medicaid card, you should only see doctors in the Kanawha Valley area. Well, Medicaid does not have a problem with a patient going outside the city, county, or state. No one should tell a patient that they must see only certain doctors for their care. Another good reason for not having universal health care in this country.
Dr. Woodard is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Putnam General Hospital
Charleston Area Medical Center - Women's & Children's Hospital
Thomas Memorial Hospital
Charleston Area Medical Center
Charleston Area Medical Center - Memorial Division
Thomas Memorial Hospital
14 Years Experience
West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Nafiseh Woodard accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions7133 Sissonville Dr, Charleston, WV
Dr. Nafiseh Woodard is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charleston, WV.