Dr. Nagamani Rao Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Nagamani Rao?

Years ago!

Posted on October 26th, 2017

I haven't saw Dr. Rao since 1992 when another Doctor had told me after looking at an ultrasound that they believed I had a cancerous tumor. I was in my late 20's and my youngest son 4 years old. I was very upset and started looking for another Doctor for a second opinion. I found Dr. Rao, who after checking me out let me know that no tumor existed but that my cervix did not close back smoothly and there was a small dimple at the closure.

Posted on May 16th, 2016

Shes the most caring and compassionate dr .she took time with me and explained everything to me and is very comcerned with my fears and anxiety .I am so happy I found her...

Posted on March 21st, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Rao because I was suffering from horrible, heavy menstrual cycles. I kept a journal for 30 days and discovered that I was in pain with a level of 6 or more for 27 of those days and my previous ob couldn't figure out what the problem was. I went to Dr. Rao and she spent a LOT of time with my husband and I and discussed every test result and explained every detail. She allowed us to ask questions and we never felt rushed. When she is performing an exam or running a test, she tells you everything that is going to happen so that you are prepared in advance. She is extremely friendly and I have never met a doctor with a better bedside manner. I eventually ended up have a hysterectomy for ademiosis. She makes sure that you are absolutely clear that a hysterectomy is a major surgery. she is NOT one of those doctors that just decides to "take it out" if it's giving you problems. Dr. Rao tries every other less invasive procedure possible and looks at hysterectomy as a last resort, which I found very comforting. Even when she believed the hysterectomy was the best option, she was very clear that having major surgery is a decision that I needed to make. I did go to the Womens Center for a 2nd opinion and the doctor their told me that Dr. Rao was absolutely correct that hysterectomy was the best option and even complimented Dr. Rao and said that "she is an excellent surgeon" and that I was in "excellent hands." Dr. Rao was very attentive when I was in the hospital and even after I got home. I would HIGHLY recommend her to anybody and everybody!!!

Posted on January 27th, 2013

Dr. Nagamani Rao is very caring and considerate. She gives you enough time to ask questions and her answers and recommendations are great. Its great to have such an awesome doctor in this area. Besides her, the staff over there are very courteous.

1st Visit - Impressed

Posted on March 10th, 2012

I was referred to Dr. Rao by my regular OBGYN, because I've had 2 miscarriages in a row. She felt that Dr. Rao could get to the bottom of what was going on. Dr. Rao seemed very concerned and ordered all the tests that I expected her to order. She did an exam on my first appointment and ordered blood-work. I'm very pleased with her so far. She seemed very caring and spent quite a bit of time with me. All of my questions were answered without even having to ask them.

Anjan

Posted on October 5th, 2011

I recommend she is the best doctor in the town

Not going back

Posted on July 13th, 2011

Having to sit for over an hour can make you sick. An thats what this dr did. She is very hard to understand and like some other drs she believes once a c section always a c section and women were ment to give birth naturally which is why I am switching drs and I will not recommend anyone to her.

Posted on January 19th, 2011

The wait time can be a little long, but when you know you are seeing the best doctor in the area, you shouldn't be surprised that everyone wants her. Besides my attitude is that I don't want her to rush with me, so if I have to wait a little longer than normal, so be it. Dr. Rao diagnosed me with Breast Cancer and referred me to MD Anderson Cancer Center, but she didn't just forget about me. Dr. Rao has contacted me several times to see how things are going and to make sure that I am doing well. How many Doctors take the time to do that kind of follow up. I've been going to her for over 19 years, and would recommend her to anyone and everyone that wants a doctor who cares.

SHES GREAT

Posted on January 12th, 2011

SHE HAS BEEN MY DOCTOR SINCE I WAS 14 YRS OLD AND HAS DELIVERED ALL MY KIDS, SHE IS LIKE ONE OF MY FAMILY AND WHEN OUR BABY DAYS WERE OVER I WENT TO HER TO CORRECT THAT AS WELL, YES SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO WAIT CAUSE HSE LEAVES TO DELIVER A BABY BUT THATS THE WAY IT IS, GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT. AT LEAST YOU KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR BABY SHE WILL BE THERE AND NOT SOME ON CALL DOCTOR.

RUN!!

Posted on September 15th, 2010

I had Dr. Rao and she made me PAY for her signature on a piece of paper for my insurance provider. She left me in labor for 66 hours and I pushed for 3 hours with my son. I delivered 2 weeks early and he was still 10.5lbs and she told me he was only going to be 6-7 lbs. My water was broke for over 36 hours. She had to snap his collar bone to get him out, and my tail bone broke in the process. I would always wait for over an hour every time I had to go see her. She did the 30 week ultrasound and said he was already 5 lbs, then she magically forgot as I got further and further. I had a thyroid condition and she wouldn't tell me how to treat it. I was so swollen, my shoes got stretched out and she just kept telling me to avoid salt, and I was on a pretty much salt free diet. She wouldn't look any further into it. It took 6 nurses holding my legs back, plus my husband for me to push my son out. I was in active labor for 66 hours and then I pushed for 3 hours on top of that. I wasn't allowed to eat, from what she said for the whole time I was in the hospital. I went in on Wednesday and was induced at Midnight and didn't deliver my son until that SUNDAY at 4pm. When I first started going, I LOVED my nurse that would always see me, then she moved. After she moved, Dr. Rao went down hill. She was always rude and rushed me out. After I had my 4th degree episotomy, she left skin out that wasn't sewn up and it was so swollen that I couldn't sit down. I asked about it at my 2 week and 6 week check ups postpartum and she said it was all natural. It looked like a red worm hanging out of my vagina. I went to a different ob/gyn 4 months after trying to get Dr. Rao to fix this problem and my NEW ob/gyn Dr. Rath, said that it was not normal and she should have removed this access swollen skin. She fixed it 3 days after my first appointment with her and I felt better in less than a week! It was amazing. DR. RAO -- NO!!! Horrible doctor. This was my first baby as well.

Posted on April 14th, 2010

It's shocking to see that someone actually took the time to write a bad review for Dr. Rao. SHe is so caring and by all means no where near being the person these 2 people claim she is. She is not lazy nor careless. SHe delivered my baby and was there with me throughout the whole thing. Being a first time mom I was scared that my Dr would not make it in time or that something would go wrong. Thankfully Dr. Rao kept going back and forth checking up on me and helping me out. She gave me plenty of time when needed and even after the delivery she was so good to me. I had the baby blues and she was there to hear me out and talk to me and tell me everything was going to be OK. By far one of the best Dr's around this area.

Excellent doctor

Posted on November 18th, 2009

Dr.Rao is a very good physician. She understands her patients so well,takes time to explain whats going on and is very empathetic. I love going to her. She examines thoroughly and reassures with your concern immediately. I am glad I have someone like her as my ob-gyn.