Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Nagwa L Azer has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Nagwa L Azer has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Nagwa L Azer has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 32
Worst experience EVER!! PLEASE find yourself some other doctor! Receptionist & medical assistants are beyond uneducated (completely ignorant) and uncaring; absolutely unprofessional. Doctor Azer doesn't care for her patients and therefore her staffs don't care either. Dr. Azer makes you wait for over an hour for your appointment and spend less than 3min. with you. She doesn't help nor care. Please find anyone but this doctor for yourself!!
The staff are rude and often incompetent. I have had incorrect prescriptions written several times (3 refills indicated for a Schedule II drug; it states on the pad that no refills are allowed). However, the worse thing about this practice is Nagwa Azer herself. She is extremely rude, unprofessional, and immature. She has lied to me, has made up requirements for needing a "new" psychiatric diagnosis to replace the old and then admitted that she didn't actually know what the policy is, and has even stated complete falsehoods and opinions as medical facts. I would never recommend.
I have been putting up with this doctor for over a decade. She is about the only doctor near me that takes Medi-cal, so I put up with them. Never once in all my time there did she ever come within a foot off me. She always acted like I had some disease she was afraid she'd catch if she came to close. She had her receptionist take all vitals (well, blood pressure and weight). I had been complaining of terrible pain for 5 years. She gave me a few pain killers, but nothing else. Evetually I begged her to get me an MRI. She did, and I indeed did have a serious problem that she probably could have helped if she wasn't so incompetent. Now I just have to live with terrible pin for the rest of my life. And to top it off, one of her receptionists accused me of somehow scheduling an appointment to get double prescriptions. Even she was baffled as to how this happened. Well, it didn't. The wrote a fake doctor visit report so they could charge my insurance extra, and they accidentally showed me their fake visit report. But instead of admitting their crime, (I have informed the Medi-Cal fraud department to look into this because it is indeed a crime) they said that I somehow managed to do this without them remembering. Besides this, the doctor would make me come in to get my prescriptions filled. Now, I have no problem with this, but I do have a problem if I wait for an hour or two and then the receptionist comes in and says "just have the pharmacy call us". Basically, she does this so she can charge my insurance but not actually see me. She is corrupt. Her staff is corrupt. I have dealt with it for years because I had no other choice, but after being accused of things that didn't actually happen? I'm done. And I'm telling everybody.
Dr. Azer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Al Azhar Faculty Of Medicine For Men In Asyut
Graduated in 1977
White Memorial Medical Center
Dr. Nagwa L Azer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
Locations & DirectionsArcade Medical Group, 15852 Main St, La Puente, CA
Dr. Nagwa L Azer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Puente, CA.