Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Hedy S Assaad has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 7
My 11 yr old daughter was complaining of both ears hurting and chest pain. Dr.Assaad said it's probably just a cough and no ear infection was seen. Although she noticed that my daughters spine looked a little curved. So we had a chest xray. (Mind you I've complained about my daughters back hip and knees for years which all I got was "she has growing pain, you worry too much mom"). Well after 4 days of waiting for results it turns out that my daughter has spinal scoliosis (which will require surgery) and some fluid in her lungs. (That explains the cough, chest pain and now wheezing.) She gave her antibiotics.. still another 4 days later I took my daughter to urgent care since her wheezing hasn't stopped. The urgent care doctor said that my daughter had a bad ear infection (that dr.assaad missed) and had to give my daughter an inhaler and steroids for her breathing. She was surprised that Dr. Assaad didn't give me a prescription for that before. I'm pretty upset at this point . Bottom line is, Dr.Assaad made me feel like an idiot for being concerned for my kids health. Everything is always "no big deal" "you worry too much"... I will be changing doctors. I need a doctor that worries about my kids as much as I do...
When my daughter was four months old, her sitter noticed some pink tinged urine one night. I wasn't too worried until we started checking her temperature which was rising by .5 degrees every half an hour. So I called in and Dr. Assaad was on-call. Even with a temperature of 100.2 within an hour, crying every time she urinated and increased color and discharge in her urine, she said it's noting to worry about and if I wanted to come into urgent care in the morning to "calm my nerves" I could. Then she told me "don't be late or your child will not be seen." Needless to say I took my child, who by then was unmistakably urinating blood, in and she had a severe bladder infection. Not the best experience.
44 Years Experience
University Of Alexandria
Graduated in 1974
Loma Linda University Medical Center
Dr. Hedy S Assaad accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Hedy S Assaad is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Riverside, CA.