Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Naheed R Akhter has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I have been seeing Dr. Ahkter for 8+ years and I love her. I like the fact that she is always honest and never minces words. I was pregnant with twins and the level of care that she exhibited was excellent. I even sent some of my friends to her...I will say the wait time can be a little long, but the care, compassion, knowledge, and honesty way outweigh the time spent. She's the best! :-)
I hate going to the doctor, but I can honestly say I do not mind going to see Akhter. She has been supportive and knowledgeable about my pregnancies... even though she handle each differently... she was absolute correct in her approach. I also miscarried and she was again supportive and encouraging. I know things run behind there (it is an OB office... people have babies unscheduled...). She has never made me feel rushed. She has never made me feel stupid when I ask a question. She has seen me at the drop of a hat. I really, really like her, and as I stated at the beginning... I hate going to the doctor.
I saw Dr. Akhter for many many years. I ultimately opted to have a complete hysterectomy at age 44 years old, which I had wished for, as I had very severe bleeding problems. Dr. Akhter was very compassionate towards me, and she successfully did my complete abdominal hysterectomy for me. I healed nicely and I felt great in the aftermath. I was amazed at how quickly I healed, with no big after pains. I only took Advil for my post-op pain. I really trusted her, and I would highly recommend her, especially if you ever need any female pelvic surgery.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2013, 2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2013, 2015, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Akhter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Cook County Hospital
Dr. Naheed R Akhter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsWomen Ob/Gyn Associates, 4121 Fairview Ave Ste 201, Downers Grove, IL
Dr. Naheed R Akhter is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Downers Grove, IL.