Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nahid B Kennedy has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 20
I have been seeing Dr. Kennedy for almost 7 years and have nothing but great things to say about her care. She takes the time to listen to my questions and concerns and will refer me to specialists when needed. She has a calm and quiet nature about her so I don't know if this can be mistaken for her not caring as some other reviews have indicated. The only problems I have encountered is that I am kept waiting well past my appointment time before being seen. The nurses are friendly and create a comfortable environment. I would recommend Dr.Kennedy to others.
I have been a patient of Dr. Kennedy for at 3-4 years and have never had a bad experience with the Doctor or the staff. Everyone there is very nice. Dr. Kennedy has helped me through the years with great medical advice and whenever I needed a test or to see a specialist she was always helpful and informative. I never feel rushed and she always listens to my concerns. I feel comfortable with her 17+ years of medical experience. I have and will continue to recommend her services to anyone looking for a Doctor.
Dr yelled at me when I finally got a visit after begged for MRI. She said she'd been hearing about me for two weeks and was extremely angry. She told me that patients can't get MRIs like they used to. Really??? I had no trouble getting the help I needed when I switched drs. She was rude and stated that I never told her about a medical problem at my physical appt. I most certainly did tell her - not that she listened. The nurses are nice but good luck getting a person to talk to you when you call. It was always the answering service. Maybe things have changed as I got out as soon as I could after she yelled at me. No one needs that kind of dr.
Dr. Kennedy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
University Of New England College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Umass Memorial Healthcare
Dr. Nahid B Kennedy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsCollaborative for Counseling, 135 Webster St, Hanover, MA
Dr. Nahid B Kennedy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hanover, MA.