Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nahrain Al-Zubaidi
Dr. Nahrain Al-Zubaidi, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fairfax, VA, with another office in Fairfax, VA. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism. Dr. Al-Zubaidi is affiliated with Inova Fairfax Hospital, Inova Fair Oaks Hospital and Georgetown University Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Nahrain Al-Zubaidi has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 59
She is a great Dr. but she really needs an office manager and more professional staff. Please don't book 12 patients in one day if you can only see 6! I had a 3pm appointment today, and here I still sit at 5:56 pm, I'm giving her another half hour and then I'm leaving. I have a 45 minute drive home too!
Saw this doctor when my blood work showed an elevated calcium level, I also had increases in my kidney functions. She ran more blood tests and just told me to keep an eye on the calcium elevations and not to be concerned about the kidney elevations they were probably just due to dehydration. Within a week after seeing her I develop severe riggers and was rushed to the emergency room and was found to have blood sepsis due to a urinary tract infection. Due to her neglect I could have died. I am under the care of another doctor and will no longer go back to this doctor.
Dr. Al-Zubaidi is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Inova Fairfax Hospital
Inova Fair Oaks Hospital
Georgetown University Hospital
Prince William Hosp
Inova Alexandria Hospital
- University Of Baghdad
Dr. Nahrain Al-Zubaidi accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Nahrain Al-Zubaidi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fairfax, VA.