Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Nalini Balachandran
Dr. Nalini Balachandran, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sugar Land, TX. She has 30 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Balachandran is affiliated with Methodist Sugar Land Hospital. Dr. Balachandran has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Nalini Balachandran has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Weight Loss
- Anxiety Disorders
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Family Planning
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
She is good doctor for many, but not me. Many of my friends are seeing her. Very popular in my community she is. I got sick recently, and I saw her. Appointment to get was very easy. But, before she even saw me, she had already made up her mind what she was planning on doing. She didn't spend anytime with me. I spent more time looking for parking and her office than actual time with her. I did what she asked even though it was the same treatment that I had been doing prior to seeing her. I had told her that some of the things she recommended does not work for me in the past for this (minor) issue. I saw some other doctor later in the week and with her treatment, I started after 10 days feeling better for the first time. You have no problems, she is good. You have problems, you see another good primary care doctor who will take care of you.
Patients' Choice Award (2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Balachandran is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1988
Memorial Hermann Health System
Dr. Nalini Balachandran accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Houston HMOx
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsNalini Balachandr An Md Pa, 138 Eldridge Rd Ste A, Sugar Land, TX
Dr. Nalini Balachandran is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sugar Land, TX.