Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nam S Dong has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I gave this doctor a try since he's so close to our home. Reading the reviews, I was a little hesitant at first and even was not very happy after the first few visits for our kids' well check. But after going to him for other sick visits, we get more connected with them as we get to know the doctor and his staff better. He and his staff are very caring especially when our child's problem last long/doesn't resolve as expected. They'd call through out the day to check on our child's conditions so that they'd see our child/order lab work as needed. This is quite a different experience for me as I came from a big medical clinic with many doctors to a small private office with just one doctor and 2 staff. Because it's small medical office, you'get more personal services which would meet your needs better. On the billing side, they'd work with you and give you a break on your insurance dedutibles. I realy like the fact that our children are tended very well when they're sick, which makes us, as parents feel safe, and reassured. It seems to us that other parents on here also said the same thing. BTW, if you don't like your kids to get multiple shots at a time like us ( for whatever reasons...), even though they don't agree with that, but this office is willing to work on the a split schedule with you.
Hmmm...I can't say enough how friendly and nice the staff at this office is. My kids have been going to this office for years. I feel like they're part of an extended family. When I call they know who I am and who my kids are. I have called with questions and they would do their best to answer them. If I still need answers beyond what they gave me they let me talk to the doctor. When my four months old baby had food allergy, they stayed on the phone with me, helping me with steps what to do at home until I take the baby to the office. Once there, the doctor saw the baby pretty much right away. All the while the staff kept checking on baby's condition. They called the next day to check on baby. They usually don't follow up on regular check up visit but they do if the visit was of serious nature. They do speak English; with an accent but, yes, they do speak English.
I am the mother of two girls. Dr. Dong has taken care of them since they were born. He has been my children's doctor for more than eleven years. He is very professional, accurately diagnoses and wisely advises parents. He knows how to work with children. Whenever my children are ill, I could call the office and get help immediately, even after working hours. The doctor and the staff are very helpful and friendly. The office is nice, clean and especially child-friendly. I have never experienced long waits since we always make appointments. Dr. Dong is overall a great pediatrician that I can trust.
My daughter is a patient in this office. The doctor is very professional and helpful. He explains very clearly about any vaccination my daughter is about to take. The staff is friendly to my family, making it easy to schedule appointments. The wait time at this doctor is very short because we always call to make appointments. My family thanks the doctor and appreciates what he does for taking care of my daughter.
46 Years Experience
Stanford University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Nam S Dong accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNam Si Dong Md, 14082 Magnolia St Ste 111, Westminster, CA
Dr. Nam S Dong is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Westminster, CA.