Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nam X Nguyen has the following 3 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Nguyen at Miller Children's Hospital LB preformed my 3 year old daughter's hernia surgery. The hospital was very nice & his office staff was very friendly. Dr. Nguyen was very kind & friendly with my daughter. You can tell he likes kids! He answered all my questions, explained everything step by step & I never felt rushed. I felt very comfortable leaving her in his hands! (One thing i really liked in the office was a CHAIR my daughter could sit in to take her weight! Why don't ALL pediatric offices have one?! Soo much easier.) The day of surgery i felt very nervous. What parent wouldn't?! He explained what would happen, how long it would take, when i could see her etc. The waiting room was very large & comfortable & even has a computerized TV on the wall with your child's surgery # with different colors by it to indicate what is currently happening ie. In surgery, recovering, etc. So you don't have to keep walking up to the front desk to ask how your child is doing. THAT was wonderful!!! As SOON as he was finished he came right out to tell me she was fine & it went well & I could see her shortly. I got to see her after she woke up & sit in a very comfy recliner with her in my arms while she ate a popsicle! She had not ONE complaint about pain (didn't even need to give her Tylenol!) & after a few hours being home she was running around playing like NOTHING ever happened! All that was evident of her surgery was a tiny half inch incision! I can't thank Dr. Nguyen enough for taking such good care of my daughter & i pray she never needs surgery again...but if she does I know who to call.... :)
Dr. Nam X Nguyen accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Nam X Nguyen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.