Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nan R Monahan has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Nan R Monahan has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Nan R Monahan has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Nan R Monahan is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
Everything in the office is clean, organized and "peaceful". The waiting room even has a wall water display, bright lights - unlike dim offices who try to hide the dust bunnies, and no sterile cheap office furniture! Dr Monahan always listens before speaking or asking questions and has excellent recall. She keeps current in her field, utilizes electronic records, appointments can be done throught My Chart with Piedmont, stresses preventive medicine and doesn't lecture. Diane is the RN who always greets you and performs the routine checks.
This office is awful. First, they don't answer the phone ! Recently, I needed an "order" for a procedure I am waiting at the hospital for the procedure, when the hospital asks fro the order. I call the office and no answer. I walk over there and they insist in need to see the doctor ( a week later !). I ended up calling my OB/GYN who faxed the order to the hospital and it was done that day. This follows some oversight on Dr. Monahan's part on other issues. If I was in real need a doctor -- I could not depend on this office. I am now looking for a new doctor.
Dr. Monahan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Dr. Nan R Monahan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Atlanta HMOx
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsBuckhead Internal Medicine, 35 Collier Rd NW Ste 150, Atlanta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nan R Monahan in this video.
Dr. Nan R Monahan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.