Dr. Nan Monahan Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Nan Monahan?

Posted on June 30th, 2016

Dr. Monahan spends as much time with you as needed

Posted on June 25th, 2016

Her practice is wonderful and their online portal is amazing.

Saved my life

Posted on February 3rd, 2016

Dr. Monahan saved my life. I was told that I had a borderline health problem. Turns out that it was critical. I had at least 3 doctors tell me that. I was very sick. I just want to say that she is the best doctor I have ever been to. Her staff is great minus one.

My FAV PCP

Posted on April 14th, 2015

Everything in the office is clean, organized and "peaceful". The waiting room even has a wall water display, bright lights - unlike dim offices who try to hide the dust bunnies, and no sterile cheap office furniture! Dr Monahan always listens before speaking or asking questions and has excellent recall. She keeps current in her field, utilizes electronic records, appointments can be done throught My Chart with Piedmont, stresses preventive medicine and doesn't lecture. Diane is the RN who always greets you and performs the routine checks.

Posted on February 5th, 2015

This office is awful. First, they don't answer the phone ! Recently, I needed an "order" for a procedure I am waiting at the hospital for the procedure, when the hospital asks fro the order. I call the office and no answer. I walk over there and they insist in need to see the doctor ( a week later !). I ended up calling my OB/GYN who faxed the order to the hospital and it was done that day. This follows some oversight on Dr. Monahan's part on other issues. If I was in real need a doctor -- I could not depend on this office. I am now looking for a new doctor.

Need Better Office Management

Posted on May 22nd, 2012

If you want an appointment, call 7 times in a row and someone might pick up the phone. Leaving an email message is ok, but leaving phone messages is useless. Dr. Monahan is really nice, but good luck setting up an appointment (especially if you are sick and need more immediate care) and especially don't ask for a referral. I asked for a referral almost a week ago, and only today after hounding the office did I get a response. Unfortunately, the doctor that they recommended for my bleeding/terrible sinus infection is not available for several weeks. Even when I was promised another referral to a doctor I requested by the end of the day (whose office did answer the phone each time I called..)- I have nothing. Buckhead Internal Medicine has the WORST OFFICE MANAGEMENT EVER! Either take on fewer patients or hire more people to help in the office!!

a "real" doctor

Posted on December 6th, 2011

I know medicine has been tough for doctors--and i have seen several local docs, who seem to be so dead frustrated, that they either burnout and leave, or turn into robots who dont really listen and just push patients. Dr. Nan is the best physician I know--we have a great repoire and she gives me great advice!

Horrible Experiences with extremely rude staff!!!

Posted on December 3rd, 2011

Horrible Prescription Refill Process & Unprofessional P.A. - No Concept of Customer Service & Care

Posted on November 3rd, 2011

I have used Doctor Monahan for three years, after my Primary Doctor Retired. The initial care was adequate. The entire experience seems to be one of indifference and distant toward me. This cameto full fruition upon a recent experience where I attempted to have my Blood Pressure medication refilled. It's almost impossible to confirm whether your prescriptions are filled or not. Her Office is very unresponsive and becomes very irritated if you call or follow up to get a status. This is assuming you have any luck reaching anyone to take your call. After trying desperately for over a week to get my medication filled. I finally got a call from her P.A, Julie Tocci. I thought she was calling to apologize for the confusion, but instead, she read me the riot act and informed me, "She did not have time to bother with me and call prescriptions in all over Town", she went on to further inform me, nor did Dr. Monahan have time for this, They are extremely Busy and just don't have time". She cut me off time after time, was abrupt, rude, and slam the phone up in my face. I have never been treated so badly or abused like that before. I woulnd't do that to a dog, let alone another human being. I sent a certified letter to Doctor Monahan, explaining what had occurred, and assumed I would get a call from her. I never heard a single word, no reply at all. It's been over a month, so it's very clear to me, the P.A. (Ms. Tocci) was right, She nor Doctor Monahan had time, nor did they care about my concerns. I would never recommmend this office or the people involved to anyone.

Nice Doctor, very long wait times

Posted on October 31st, 2011

Very nice Doctor and once you finally get to see her she spends time with you, however the wait time for her after you are in the exam room can be over an hour and you don't want to talk then only leave. I have been there as long as two hors. Very stressful.

wait worth the care

Posted on August 1st, 2011

She has been my Doc.since she took over this practice. I learned along time ago to be open and frank with my doctors. As well with the staff. If I don't like the way I'm treated I will say so. They will usually change. If not, Dr Nan will make it right. The wait time is something that you have to expect. Or don't expect acquit treatment. They call medical practice for a reason for a reason. You have to be a part of the diagnosis for it to be right.

Terrible office staff!

Posted on July 25th, 2011

Dr. Monahan may be an adequate doctor but her office staff is terrible. I have left 3 messages begging for someone to return my calls and after 7 days still with no response. Why should I have to beg my doctor to provide information and care? Maybe my new doctor with treat me with the respect and dignity I deserve.