Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nanci L Hawkins has the following 2 specialties
- Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
Showing 5 of 20
I had read all of the patient reviews I could find on Dr. Hawkins trying to establish if there was a a common thread amongst any complaints. A couple of them had me nervous, but I couldn't ignore her vast experience, education and board certifications. I gave her a chance, and she was amazing. She was thorough, sensitive to prior sexual abuse issues and very intelligent. She walked me through all of my options with numerous detail. She was like a walking flow chart. On surgery day, she was extremely professional and courteous to my family. She got me out of the hospital in a timely fashion. Couldn't be happier. I noticed an earlier review where the woman said Dr. Hawkins had issue with larger women... as a 300 lb plus woman, I'd say that's true. She did make mention of my weight several times I'm our initial visit. But she is a doctor and that's her job. Extra weight practically crushes your bladder and gynecological organs, and it puts you at greater risk for associated cancers, endometriosis, etc.. Your weight is relevant this doctor's job, so any pushback you receive concerning your weight should be viewed as notice that you are responsible for some, if not all of your condtions.
I'm sure for some people Dr. Hawkins is a perfectly wonderful provider, but if you are a larger woman, she is rude, dismissive, and focused on making you feel bad about your size rather than listening to what is going on and helping diagnose a problem. She was irritated when I didn't want to hear about the "new great weight loss drugs!" she wanted to push on me, and did not listen to my situation as I was trying to explain it to her. She kept reordering events of my symptoms so that being fat would be the answer, and she could shrug me off. At one point she dismissively told me we could "just" remove my uterus and bring on early menopause to solve things. Because we are military we move a lot, I was unable to continue care under a previous provider who I much preferred. I had been instructed to track various information and when trying to discuss it with Dr. Hawkins, she wrinkled her nose, made it clear she was disgusted, and she coldly informed me that she didn't need to know *that*; it was for my benefit not hers. I haven't been back and would not recommend her to anyone of a larger size, especially if you're sensitive to being treated poorly by medical staff. Everyone else in her office was pleasant; she was not. I have never been treated this badly by a doctor in my life.
I was recently referred to Dr. Hawkins' office.Dr. Hawkins really took the time to answer all of my questions and explain everything in detail regarding my upcoming surgery. She discussed all of my options thoroughly and also gave me the opportunity to ask questions.Her staff are friendly and on the ball! When I left my appointment, I was all ready scheduled for my surgery and two follow ups.
26 Years Experience
University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Dr. Nanci L Hawkins accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWise Women Ob/Gyn Pc, 172 Clinton St, Watertown, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Nanci L Hawkins in this video.
Dr. Nanci L Hawkins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Watertown, NY.