3.8

Have you seen Dr. Nanci L Hawkins?

Stellar!

Dr. Hawkins is a very intelligent and knowledgeable professional with a genuinely good-humored disposition. She is straightforward when it comes to healthcare matters and I appreciated that since I came in with a few concerns. I truly trust her knowledge and expertise. Her bedside manner in the exam room was excellent. She's very good at her job, extremely informative, and non-judgemental. As a patient, I feel totally comfortable entrusting my care to Dr. Hawkins and her team.

Great doctor all the way around

I had read all of the patient reviews I could find on Dr. Hawkins trying to establish if there was a a common thread amongst any complaints. A couple of them had me nervous, but I couldn't ignore her vast experience, education and board certifications. I gave her a chance, and she was amazing. She was thorough, sensitive to prior sexual abuse issues and very intelligent. She walked me through all of my options with numerous detail. She was like a walking flow chart. On surgery day, she was extremely professional and courteous to my family. She got me out of the hospital in a timely fashion. Couldn't be happier. I noticed an earlier review where the woman said Dr. Hawkins had issue with larger women... as a 300 lb plus woman, I'd say that's true. She did make mention of my weight several times I'm our initial visit. But she is a doctor and that's her job. Extra weight practically crushes your bladder and gynecological organs, and it puts you at greater risk for associated cancers, endometriosis, etc.. Your weight is relevant this doctor's job, so any pushback you receive concerning your weight should be viewed as notice that you are responsible for some, if not all of your condtions.

Not a Size-Friendly Provider

I'm sure for some people Dr. Hawkins is a perfectly wonderful provider, but if you are a larger woman, she is rude, dismissive, and focused on making you feel bad about your size rather than listening to what is going on and helping diagnose a problem. She was irritated when I didn't want to hear about the "new great weight loss drugs!" she wanted to push on me, and did not listen to my situation as I was trying to explain it to her. She kept reordering events of my symptoms so that being fat would be the answer, and she could shrug me off. At one point she dismissively told me we could "just" remove my uterus and bring on early menopause to solve things. Because we are military we move a lot, I was unable to continue care under a previous provider who I much preferred. I had been instructed to track various information and when trying to discuss it with Dr. Hawkins, she wrinkled her nose, made it clear she was disgusted, and she coldly informed me that she didn't need to know *that*; it was for my benefit not hers. I haven't been back and would not recommend her to anyone of a larger size, especially if you're sensitive to being treated poorly by medical staff. Everyone else in her office was pleasant; she was not. I have never been treated this badly by a doctor in my life.

No Go

Bottom line; she may appear nice, but believe me, when it comes down to it, she is NOT a nice person

patient

Terrible bedside manner aggressive answering to patients. no compasion for patients quality of life. more interested in keeping operating room numbers up.

I was recently referred to Dr. Hawkins' office.Dr. Hawkins really took the time to answer all of my questions and explain everything in detail regarding my upcoming surgery. She discussed all of my options thoroughly and also gave me the opportunity to ask questions.Her staff are friendly and on the ball! When I left my appointment, I was all ready scheduled for my surgery and two follow ups.

Dr. Hawkins is fantastic. I have never felt more comfortable going to an ob/gyn in my life. Her office is very homey, the staff is friendly, every visit has been a great experience for me. I highly recommend her and her office.

Great doctor

I have not seen her in about 10 years but when I was going to the office she worked in then she was the only doctor I wanted to see. If it was not for Dr. Hawkins my daughter would not be alive today. She was an amazing dr and I would love to have her as my OB again.

She discontinued me as a patient.

I had been with Dr. Hawkins for 5 years when I received a certified letter in the mail stating that she could no longer treat me. The reason being - I missed 3 appointments. I was shocked! I immediately call the office and talked to a nurse. I informed her that the first missed appointment Dr. Hawkins rescheduled due to her being in surgery. The second appt I cancelled the day before since I had started my period. The nurse said, "You canceled the day before?" I said yes, and her response was, "well, we don't have record of that." The third appt was my fault as I was on vacation and completely forgot about my appt. So now due to their poor record keeping, I am without a physician after 5 years.

They shoudl take her licence away.

Dr. Nanci L Hawkins is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Watertown, NY.

Dr. Nanci L Hawkins Is this you?