Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Nancy A Brown has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Showing 5 of 23
I decided to visit Dr. Brown since she did not have a long waiting time to get an appointment. The staff were friendly and courteous. Dr. Brown was friendly but it seems as if she wants to practice psychiatry. She blew off my complaints of fatigue, joint pain, malar rash and positive ANA laboratory testing. She attributed it to a car accident that occurred 22 years ago. Instead, she chose to focus on the fact that I "looked anxious" and spent the majority of the time asking questions pertaining to anxiety. She also did not address my pain at all (I did NOT want narcotics or any controlled substance). I now know why it is so much easier to see her than to see the other rheumatologists. I will not be returning.
I was referred to this Doctor due to a sudden onset of pain in my joints. The pain was so bad I couldnât sleep and at times could not walk. She and her staff treated me as if I was there for drugs and questioned if I was really in pain. She told me there was nothing wrong with me. I thought maybe I was just being sensitive due to feeling to badly. So my mom can with me to an appointment. Even she could see the treatment I was given by Dr. Brown and actually saw the person at the front desk roll her eyes at me as I limped into the office. Another doctor later diagnosed me with RA which years later I am now being successfully treated for.
29 Years Experience
Oklahoma State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1989
University Of Missouri Health System
Dr. Nancy A Brown accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS OK BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Community Care PCC
- CommunityCare PPO Standard Network
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNancy Ann Brown Do, 709 26th Ave NW, Norman, OK
Dr. Nancy A Brown is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Norman, OK.