Dr. Nancy Curry Is this you?

2.1

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Nancy Curry?

Extremely Incompetent

Posted on November 26th, 2015

She prescribed me medication that has internal bleeding listed as a known potential side effect. I started internally bleeding the first month I was on the medication, and when I told her that I thought that the medication was causing the bleeding, she dismissed my concerns and directed me to WebMD. I trusted her and stayed on the medication for five months, internally bleeding the entire time. I spent thousands of dollars trying to figure out what was causing the internal bleeding, and it was finally one of my friends who was an EMT that told me that the medication I was on hasn't been prescribed widely since the 1980s and that it does, in fact, cause internal bleeding - interestingly enough, he also mentioned that it was the medication that one of the Columbine killers was on when he went on a shooting rampage. I took myself off of the medication that week after confirming with my roommate's mom (a hospital pharmacist) that the medication does have the potential to cause internal bleeding, and within a week, the bleeding stopped. I made no other lifestyle changes, and the bleeding that had been going on for five months stopped within a week. I called Goddard and asked to speak with the medical director to request that Nancy receive additional training so that it wouldn't happen to someone else - I even said over and over that I wasn't interested in suing - and instead of taking my concerns seriously, he added insult to injury and told me that there was no way that I could prove that the bleeding was a result of the medication. After bleeding internally for five months and asking nothing more than to ensure Nancy Currey received additional training to help prevent further harm to students, it seemed like the main concern for the student medical center was avoiding any kind of blame. Not only that, but Nancy Currey tried to put me on a prescription for Xanax, and when I told her that I preferred not to take Xanax, that I was cautious about what went in my body, she immediately accused me of having a bias against psychiatric medication...after I had already been on the medication that she prescribed. I now have irreparable internal damage that I've struggled with ever since then (this happened a few years ago), and she was, by far, the least helpful mental health professional who has ever treated me. Please be very, very cautious about seeking help from Nancy Currey. Any provider you see should be willing to do the most basic amount of research to address your concerns. A psychiatrist with over 20 years of experience should be more knowledgeable about psychiatric medications than a 22-y/o former EMT. No, I can't "prove" that Nancy caused my internal bleeding, nor will I state that in this review. What I have provided, though, is a factual account of the series of events that I went through while seeking psychiatric help from Nancy Currey.

Who needs a Hippocratic Oath?

Posted on October 14th, 2015

Doctors are supposed to "do no harm," but my experience with Doctor Curry absolutely did more harm than good. She treated me as if my psychological problems were my fault, destroyed my already nonexistent self-esteem, refused to change my medication when the side effects interrupted my life, and generally ignored anything I had to say. Very rigid and closed-minded, deeply controlling (case in point: my medication gave me the shakes so bad I couldn't write legibly. She demanded I show her my hands, and upon viewing the tremors, flippantly told me "it's not that bad"). To all who have been hurt or humiliated by her "treatment," you have my sympathies. To anyone looking for psychiatric help, look elsewhere.

Completely Unsatisfied

Posted on May 12th, 2013

I have never been so thoroughly humiliated by this so called "professional." She is verbally abusive, rude, condescending, judgmental, insensitive, and incompetent. I agree with a pervious user who said that if this is the best OU can do, we have a serious problem. If you are needing psychiatric care, please do not utilize her services.

Unprofessional

Posted on April 14th, 2013

I agree completely with a previous reviewer who said she's a bit controlling, accusatory, and that this somehow serves to fuel her own issues with self-confidence. She's very by the book, rigid, conformist and not very tolerant of outside perspectives, but this could be an age-related issue. Overall, very unprofessional. I'm willing to bet she has more "issues" than most of her clients...

She's a bit difficult

Posted on February 27th, 2013

For a professional in psychiatry, she doesn't seem to listen. Very strange conversationally, too. Rather judgmental, seems to jump to conclusions, and can come across as rude.

Agreed...QUACK

Posted on March 22nd, 2012

I agree with the person who said she is judgmental and incompetent. If this is the best OU can do, I fear for the well-being of its staff and students who (often desperately) need psychicatric treatment .

I like her

Posted on September 20th, 2011

I don't know about the others, but I've had nothing but good experiences with her. She provides you with information about the different types of medication she recommends and allows you to choose which one you feel would better suit you. She'll remember details about you, and conversations even months later. I think she genuinely cars, maybe the judgmental part comes from the mom type approach she takes. She does like to raise dosages, but if you tell her you think you shouldn't she doesn't. She does tend to interrupt usually with something completely random, but its more like "ok shes weird" not "thats rude".

Posted on March 17th, 2011

Doctor Curry put me on more medications than I care to remember and loved to share her experiences on different medications as well. From what I could tell, she was a hypochondriac in her personal life, but it bled into her professional life. Rather than listening when I said I felt like I was on too many medications, she raised the dosage on them. The side effects were miserable. Try going somewhere else if you have a choice. Please. You'll be better off.

Posted on January 20th, 2011

Unprofessional, judgmental. Does not listen or seem to care. Asks a question and then interrupts. Very controlling and never happy with patient.

AVOID this quack.

Posted on December 23rd, 2010

nothing but a rude quack. When you don't magically "fix" yourself, she'll throw you out like you're the failure, when it's her own incompetence that's the problem. Nasty, self-absorbed, power-tripping egomaniac.

great staff, terrible doctor