Dr. Nancy Zises Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Nancy Zises?

Very dismissive

Posted on November 21st, 2011

I initially like Dr. Barnett but became increasingly dissatisfied in her dismissive approach to our son's problems. Our son has laryngomalacia - which is a malformation of the cartilage in the throat. He has a very severe case where he cannot sleep well, nurse well or breathe correctly. She dismissed it way too much saying that he will grow out of it. Well, after 6 months of the same old "he'll grow out of it" we decided to get another opinion. The next doctor told us this was big problem after one 5 minute investigation of his mouth. Dr. Barnett never bothered to even look in there to any great degree. Eventually we got referred to Lucille Packard at Stanford for the surgery he needed, but not until we went 10 months with him getting up at least three times (sometimes 7 times) a night, nursing only an ounce at a time and him being in the bottom 1 percentile in weight because of it. We've grown a lot of grey hairs, lost MONTHS of sleep and our child has serverely lacked the proper nutrition because of her dismissing attitude and we will no longer have her see our kids.One of her nurses is also very rude to us.

Awful Experience with Dr. Barnett

Posted on March 19th, 2011

I have NEVER had a worse experience with a doctor! I took my baby in for a sick-child visit two months ago. She had been coughing and after two days of a low-grade fever, I suspected a secondary infection (ear infection?), so I called to schedule an appointment. Dr. Barnett said she could fit me in that day if I came in right away. I quickly loaded up my baby and three-year-old daughter. FOUR HOURS LATER and after a chest X-Ray, blood samples, nose swabs and 2 albuterol treatments, I left with an exhausted three-year-old (who was just getting over sickness herself and still not feeling great) and a completely traumatized baby! I took home a far sicker baby than the one I had brought in. I recognize the need for bronchodilators in certain instances. However, in the case of my daughter, I feel it was unnecessary and did more harm than good. The albuterol sent her heart rate screaming high. Result from Swab: RSV Result from Blood/X-ray: NormalTreatment: Wait it out as you would any other bad cold.We have since found a new pediatrician. I still get a sick feeling in my stomach when I look back on that day in Dr. Barnett's office.

Posted on January 3rd, 2017